Precision Motorcycle Racks

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default PMRacks.com

Originally Posted by surferdude
Where did you buy it and do they have anything that will look good on my 2001 Kawasaki W650?
they have a rack for a Suzuki DR650

PMR - Suzuki Black DR650 Rear AlumiRack (1996 - Present) - $84.99 USD here is the link.

I'm sure; if not, if you call or email, they could probably build a rack for just about anything.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

The 17mm open-end wrench can be used to turn the spark plug socket thingie, but other than that I have not used anything from the kit. I usually change out the OEM tools for better-quality substitutes as I work on the bike and discover what I really need. Except for the spark plug socket thingie, which I have found useful with pretty much every bike I have owned.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Ordered mine a few days ago. Went with the XL. I won't keep it on all the time and when I use it, I'm sure to have a lot of gear. Seems the best choice.

Looking forward to seeing this thing on the bike!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Rack arrived today (Taiwan). Pretty quick.

It looks good and feels quite sturdy. Installation was easy. At this point, I would recommend to anyone.

One question for those of you who've been using it for a while...

How solid is the connection for using the rack as a hand-hold to move the *** end around? I have to do that a lot here when parking (billions of scooters!) and there's not much room between the frame and the hot exhaust.

I tried it with his rack and wasn't all to confident.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Taiwan?

Originally Posted by outrecording
Rack arrived today (Taiwan). Pretty quick.

It looks good and feels quite sturdy. Installation was easy. At this point, I would recommend to anyone.

One question for those of you who've been using it for a while...

How solid is the connection for using the rack as a hand-hold to move the *** end around? I have to do that a lot here when parking (billions of scooters!) and there's not much room between the frame and the hot exhaust.

I tried it with his rack and wasn't all to confident.

I can not speak about a rack from Taiwan?

PMR racks are made in California.

yes I have moved my KLX using the rack.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

No, I mean my PMR rack arrived yesterday from California to here in Taiwan where I live.

Originally Posted by KLX25O
I can not speak about a rack from Taiwan?

PMR racks are made in California.

yes I have moved my KLX using the rack.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

PMR racks are not supported for 06-07 models.

I just installed a Cycleracks today. I love that it acts as trellis and reinforces subframe/frame.

It seems really sturdy without being overly heavy. I got it because I love to offroad and leaning back caused me to get hit in the butt with backpack/pelican case/whatever I had back there. Now I can load things further back without it actually putting weight on the back! It puts the weight on the actual frame.

Motorcycle Accessories in Boise ID | Carrier Racks | Cycle Racks

Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default lol

Originally Posted by outrecording
No, I mean my PMR rack arrived yesterday from California to here in Taiwan where I live.

The KLX is the lightest bike I have ever had. I can back out of parking spaces with it with ease. back up with ease. (I have some led mouted license plate tag bolts I purchased from Autozone; makes backup at night so much easier and keeps the tag illuminated)

I have picked up the bike by the rear tire. to put the bike where I wanted it.

But with the rack installed you have four mounting points, solid mounting points. Just be sure everything is tight. but not tight enough to shear the bolts or strip them. I cant remember if the instructions included torque specs, you could email PMR and they would know.

I did not torque them though, just "tightened" the bolts.

Since installing the rack I have used it to pick the bike up and park it beside cars. just be sure to have one hand secure on the handle bars.

sometimes its a good idea to have the bike in first gear, where it cannot be moved unless the clutch is held. that way if something happens it cannot roll away.

I leave my bike in neutral for the most part, except if I need to push it somewhere to wash it or something.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for that. Sounds like it should do fine then.

Here's the kind of crap I have to deal with...

See how they're pretty much touching each other in the last pic? People routinely grab your ride and move it about to squeeze their scooter in. I doubt they'll try and move a bigger motorcycle. Unfortunately the klx isn't allowed to park in car spots.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Good God! I wouldn't want to get a buzz on and try to find my ride in that sea of scooters(not that I approve of riding buzzed)...

Quick Reply: Precision Motorcycle Racks