Paperwork

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Paperwork

Where do you guys keep your registration and insurance? I don't want to keep them in my wallet; they'll get ruined. If I leave them in the house between trips, I forget to take them with me. I'm not sure about leaving them on the bike, they might get stolen.

Thoughts??

Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Kept mine on my tailbag that came with the bike for 2 years of commuting to school and work. No issues yet. I put them in a zip lock to keep them from getting wet. That said, they get wet anyway

Old 10-08-2014, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I keep them in my wallet. They only have to last a year until new ones arrives.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Kept mine on my tailbag that came with the bike for 2 years of commuting to school and work. No issues yet. I put them in a zip lock to keep them from getting wet. That said, they get wet anyway
Same here. I make scanned copies so that if they get stolen I have a backup that although may not be the fully legal official original, they would most likely get me by with LEO. And if they take my name and address, I suppose that could be an issue, but it just doesn't worry me much.

I don't like them in my wallet because I often ride with just my ID, a credit card, and a little cash.

And they do get wet in ziplocks, so I either send them through the laminator at work or use that 2" wide clear tape and do a cheesy lamination job.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Same here. I make scanned copies so that if they get stolen I have a backup that although may not be the fully legal official original, they would most likely get me by with LEO. And if they take my name and address, I suppose that could be an issue, but it just doesn't worry me much.

I don't like them in my wallet because I often ride with just my ID, a credit card, and a little cash.

And they do get wet in ziplocks, so I either send them through the laminator at work or use that 2" wide clear tape and do a cheesy lamination job.
Laminating! So smart! I need to do that

Old 10-08-2014, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Folded in a little square in my wallet, if it's seperate I'll forget it and I think it a $100 fine for not producing a tag, even though the police can look it up a clearly see it is insured....

Old 10-09-2014, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I keep mine in my motorcycle jacket. I've only forgotten it home once or twice.....

Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I would slip it into the jacket, but if I'm just on the roads I'll wear a leather jacket; for the trails I layer up in tee-shirts and a riding jersey. I may go with the hillbilly lamination trick (packaging tape) and just carry it in my wallet so it's never forgotten and not exposed to loss. Thanks for the input, guys, much appreciated.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Michaelb2
I would slip it into the jacket, but if I'm just on the roads I'll wear a leather jacket; for the trails I layer up in tee-shirts and a riding jersey. I may go with the hillbilly lamination trick (packaging tape) and just carry it in my wallet so it's never forgotten and not exposed to loss. Thanks for the input, guys, much appreciated.
You could get a tube holder that mounts somewhere under the bike. My xt225 has something like this on it

Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member

has anyone used a grifter box? small lockable box that goes between the licences plate and its mount

http://www.happy-trail.com/Grifter-Hidden-Storage