Ninja 250 Lever compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by smadi
Can those levers be changed between regular and short length whenever you want?
Is it a pain?

Pros/cons of those levers?

I'm considering getting some.

The main reason i got them was that i couldn't install any hand guards w/o cutting the oem levers on the stock handlebar...

Pros are:
folding function
6 position adjustment

Cons:
they are not so "oval" as the oem ones and you can feel the difference, if you ride w/ enduro gloves which are mostly slim...

Old 06-24-2014, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chay
I don't think we have to justify what we outfit these little bikes with. If they look cool and that's why you get them, that's perfectly fine. That being said, a friend of mine had them on his tiger and when i rode it, I loved the levers. Not to be confrontational, but I have seen you floating around in my short time here and you tend to have a negative standpoint. Lastly, the guy was talking about the pair that were posted by the other user here, they have adjustable length to go from shorty to long, he was just asking if it was a pain to adjust the length. This is a feature of those levers, so it was entirely justified and pertinent for him to ask how hard it is to swap.
My mistake, I missed the part about pro/con on the specific levers. Such is life. I should have read better.

I don't know so much that I have a negative attitude, but I do have a bit of experience and am not really afraid to voice an opinion. But clearly being human I do make mistakes and I will readily admit it.

I also don't suffer BS too well or am readily willing to question that which does not make sense. Learned that the second time in college when I HAD to understand what was being taught since it was not about education, it was about finding a job to support a family after an accident at 35 yr old. I learned to question when something either does not make sense or if I don't understand.

Sorry if it bugs you. Whatever you do, if this bugged you, don't join the ADVrider forum. They really shred there.

Last edited by klx678; 06-24-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I learned to question when something either does not make sense or if I don't understand.

Sorry if it bugs you. Whatever you do, if this bugged you, don't join the ADVrider forum. They really shred there.
Question, EVERYTHING! that's my motto...

Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brio
The main reason i got them was that i couldn't install any hand guards w/o cutting the oem levers on the stock handlebar...

Pros are:
folding function
6 position adjustment

Cons:
they are not so "oval" as the oem ones and you can feel the difference, if you ride w/ enduro gloves which are mostly slim...
Can you adjust the length for them anywhere between the 6cm(short) and 12cm(long) range? Or is it just one or the other?

For example can I set the lever length to 9cm?

Originally Posted by durielk
thanks, how come they don't have green?????
You can always buy them and then spray paint them green

Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, you can adjust them with an allen key whatever length you want.
Mine are set to shortest position. I guess the Zeta 3 fingers levers would be shorter than these ebay levers...

Originally Posted by smadi
Can you adjust the length for them anywhere between the 6cm(short) and 12cm(long) range? Or is it just one or the other?

For example can I set the lever length to 9cm?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, you can adjust them with an allen key whatever length you want.
Mine are set to shortest position. I guess the Zeta 3 fingers levers would be shorter than these ebay levers...
Great, thanks!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Question, EVERYTHING! that's my motto...
Ya gotta! If you don't you never learn what you don't understand or learn details. As a student I finally figured out what I also know as a teacher - there is no stupid question except the one unasked.

Took my one professor a half hour of class time to get the law of sines/cosines/tangents straight in my understanding. I was making it too complicated, when it finally clicked it clicked and I let him know. Never a complaint or comment from him. He always answered my questions and saw the results - never got below a 90 on an exam. He even had enough trust in what I knew and my character that he left me with my exam when I still didn't have a problem straight at the end of the 2 hr. He said "You know where my office is, put it in the basket."

Kind of set up my educational motto: Learn the information, gain the knowledge and the grade will follow. In life and work it is more like the results will follow.

Of course in this thread I learned to read closer and make sure what is going on, quit glossing over things.

One contribution now... If you put the money that folding levers would cost toward bark busters with the full loop you only need short levers.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Understanding WHY you use a certain jetting and exhaust is more important than just copying other people's mods IMHO. It can help with other bikes you decide to work on that don't have such a cult following and plentiful knowledge about them.

I just cut my lever (I prefer long brake lever) with a die grinder, cheap, and I went ahead and painted them black.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

OK, I decided to try these, they came today..... Seems I ordered or they got mixed up.... I have 2 pairs.

So if anyone is interested in a set of short red on red, let me know. I'll have a extra set till then.

Have not inspected or installed yet. That is a project for next week, trying to get my trailer wiring figured out right now.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

They will fit for sure.

I got these ones and i'm very pleased with them.
Your full of shiet, where do I send the bill?

No way those will fit a 250klx.

Quick Reply: Ninja 250 Lever compatibility?