Newbie from Spain

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Default Newbie from Spain

Hello guys; first, sorry if this is not the right place to say hello, I did not find something as a welcome forum or thread.
I am the proud owner of a 2010 klx 250 since a month or so. I've got two little kids that barely let me time to ride, so I sold my brand new Susi Strom 650 and got me a kawa instead of the scooter all fathers have here, a Honda SH 125

So far so good with this little beast. I thought it better to try go fast on a not-so-fast motorbike than going slow on a fast one. I'm getting old, I guess. I've been looking a forum in Spain/Spanish and did not find it, so I'm very glad to have spotted this so rapidly, and I hope to learn from you sooo many things.
The first of which is, how often you do oil change as per manual?

Beers to everybody!

Old 07-09-2014, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF Reluctanter.
This is as good as place as any to make your introduction. Vast amount of KLX250 knowledge to be had here, so please have a look around. I don't know what the manual says, but I change my oil around every 1500 miles or so.

Beers back to you!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Hello and welcome

Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome Reluctanter! A lot of KLX owers change thier oil every 3,000 miles. However, since installing the 351 kit, I change the oil every 2,000 miles. Most change the oil filter every other oil change.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Reluctanter
Hello guys; first, sorry if this is not the right place to say hello, I did not find something as a welcome forum or thread.
I am the proud owner of a 2010 klx 250 since a month or so. I've got two little kids that barely let me time to ride, so I sold my brand new Susi Strom 650 and got me a kawa instead of the scooter all fathers have here, a Honda SH 125

So far so good with this little beast. I thought it better to try go fast on a not-so-fast motorbike than going slow on a fast one. I'm getting old, I guess. I've been looking a forum in Spain/Spanish and did not find it, so I'm very glad to have spotted this so rapidly, and I hope to learn from you sooo many things.
The first of which is, how often you do oil change as per manual?

Beers to everybody!
So, what is a good Spanish beer that I may find here in the U.S.? I like ambers and lagers, among others. Not the weak general American fare (aka Budweiser and the like), but the real stuff.

Then I can have one when I change my oil next sometime between 3000-4000 miles.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Thanks for a warm welcome!
A good and strong Spanish beer is Mahou, so here's one to you all.

I guess first question was a good one, I just did the oil change and thought the synthetic Castrol would do for around 10.000 kms (around 6200 miles) checking the oil level regularly!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. As a European, you probably have the EFI and not the Carburator version of the KLX250. That means the bike is rev restricted far below the redline in the upper gears. Make sure you do the "Clutch Mod" if it has not been done already.

Also, if you want to perform a big bore kit, you will need a fuel controller

There IS a Spanish forum
Ver foro - Kawasaki • 2y4t.com

I hope you will keep posting here though. I have looked through that forum with google translate trying to find good information on modding the European/Asian EFI KLX. If you stumble through any goodies over there, it would be good to let us know here

Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
So, what is a good Spanish beer that I may find here in the U.S.? I like ambers and lagers, among others. Not the weak general American fare (aka Budweiser and the like), but the real stuff.
Do you guys have San Miguel?

A good few years back, around the age of 13 I went on a school trip to spain.
Walking along the beach, I came across an ice cream stall.
This ice cream stall just so happened to sell San Miguel.

Using all the Spanish I knew at the time, "uno San Miguel"

I managed to buy my first beer....

Old 07-10-2014, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome.
What part of Spain, I've been to Barcelona and stayed at a friends B&B in Sitches (sp?). I fell in love with the countryside and way of life.
Wished I had a mtn bike or a moto when I was there.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM

Nikolaj I have been looking around for a while in the forum 2y4t, but th threads there are for xc kawas in general more than the klx itself. I've found always good references there anyways. And yes, my klx is EFI and that leads me to my second question: how do I know if the cables within the airbox has been modified? The bike reaches around 80-82 mph with a reasonable distance of tarmac behind, which I believe is not bad at all for a 250cc trail, right? In fact that was one of my worries at the time of purchase, but I tried it and I thought the speed was acceptable.
The guy who sold me the bike though, says he never did anything to it other than ride it.
We do have San Miguel beer. I live in Málaga, southest city in the country, and I work for a studio in Barcelona. Both cities are great places to live in, it's just that in summer you have to deal with twice the population, but you get used to it.
Thanks!