New tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default New tires

Well after using the 606 several times, I have decided to try out a set of the Kenda K760-Trakmaster II Tires. Heading to Oregon in May and want a good tire for the terrain including a lot of sand.

Kenda K760 Trakmaster II Motorcycle Tire - BikeBandit.com

Here's a side by side with the Dunlop 606 on the right.

Name:  IMG_1256.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  88.0 KB

Old 03-02-2014, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Ohhhh knobby.....please write a report once they've been "broken in"

Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

The Kenda TMII's are the only tire I buy! I've been saying how great those are for years.. I have a fresh set ready to go on the KTM!

Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

After trying quite a few different DOT knobbies on the KLX, I've found the Kenda TMII to be my favorite rear tire. I wasn't that crazy about the front, but the rear beats even the most expensive, so-called-great tires I've used. My front fav is the Kenda Parker Desert. I didn't like the rear Parker, but the front is awesome.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
After trying quite a few different DOT knobbies on the KLX, I've found the Kenda TMII to be my favorite rear tire. I wasn't that crazy about the front, but the rear beats even the most expensive, so-called-great tires I've used. My front fav is the Kenda Parker Desert. I didn't like the rear Parker, but the front is awesome.
I'm not sure if you answered this, but what kind of terrain do you ride in?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
I'm not sure if you answered this, but what kind of terrain do you ride in?
Generally hard packed rocky...more rocky...packed rocky...loose rocky...and ledgy rocky. I've been impressed the TMII's lack of **** chunking on the rear. I ripped the front TMII ***** on the edges fairly easily. In fact I usually ripped the side ***** of most fronts until I found the Kenda Parker.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Generally hard packed rocky...more rocky...packed rocky...loose rocky...and ledgy rocky. I've been impressed the TMII's lack of **** chunking on the rear. I ripped the front TMII ***** on the edges fairly easily. In fact I usually ripped the side ***** of most fronts until I found the Kenda Parker.
That's what I was hoping to hear. I have similar terrain here (Nevada desert) and chunking is a problem

Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the Washougal Sticky 80-100-21 with the TMII 120-100-18. I did the Washougal Sticky rear for a while[2] and think the TMII last a bit better.

Picked up a deal on a Michelin Cross AC 10 80-100-21 won't do that again.
as it seems to push.

May at EFR......mmmm good

Old 03-03-2014, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by turnsleft
I like the Washougal Sticky 80-100-21 with the TMII 120-100-18. I did the Washougal Sticky rear for a while[2] and think the TMII last a bit better.

Picked up a deal on a Michelin Cross AC 10 80-100-21 won't do that again.
as it seems to push.

May at EFR......mmmm good
I had the same experience with the AC10 on the front, it just didn't track well. I use the TM II's on both ends and for the type of terrain I encounter they work very well. They even stick pretty good on pavement-just gets a bit squirmy when you really push them. For the price I find it really hard to fault them.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Maxxis desert it

Any thoughts on the Maxxis Desert IT? It's not DOT from what I can see, but no worries on that and the riding buds love this tire. Very long wearing, they say, compared to the TMII, which is what I have on now front and back. Current tires have a few rides left in them so new rubber is needed in a bit.

Quick Reply: New tires