MY new farkles thanks Bill

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MY new farkles thanks Bill

aahhh thanx. well i learned somthing new today. glad i got that out of the way early

Old 06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

The first part of the word is just an "F" which I can only guess as being well you know. So you combine F-ing and sparkle and you get Farkle. Am I even close guys?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok maybe I was wrong

Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang

The rod that was included with your carb is the stock accelerator pump rod. Bill installed a shorter A/C pump rod in your carb already. The reason for the shorter A/C pump rod is that it engages the accelerator pump throughout the entire range of throttle positions, giving better throttle response. The longer (stock) rod will engage the the accelerator pump only until half-throttle. After that, just the slide position is changed. On a TM33 carb, the big hit of fuel that is given with the stock A/C pump rod will sometimescause a bog - the opposite of what you want.
How can you tell by looking at the carb picture that the pump rod has been changed, Bill wasn't sure if mine was changed when he supplied it and said to check
cheers hatto

Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the AP rod thats in my carbie, it's a brass coloured rod
Name:  aprod.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  87.1 KB

This is the other one it's silver (chrome) colour

Name:  aprodsilver.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  57.9 KB

Last edited by MaverickAus; 10-24-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang

I forgot to tell you congratulations on your new bling! Let us know how the new brake lines work.

Did Bill jet the carb for you, or are you going to do it yourself. A good starting point is to run a 40 pilot jet, 140 main jet, and put the clip on the needle in the2nd slot from the top. The stock needle jet (the brass tube that the needle slides into) is a P-8. I went one step richer to a Q-0, and that really improved the mid-range.
Bill jetted it for me he tried it onhis (wifes?)KLX andstarted the bike so I hope it's pretty right.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

As Maverick pointed out, the color of the A/Prodis what gives itaway. My carb came with a silver pump rod installed, and the bronze-colored one in the bag with thecarb. I talked to Bill and asked him the same question you asked, "...what's this rod for?". Bill explained to me that the stock rod was silver and in the carb, while his new A/Prod (.150" shorter than stock) was bronze and separate. When I rejetted, I had to swap the accelerator pump rods also. In your case, that's already been done for you.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

My bike was the first to have the brake lines. The brake lines give more feedback, more "feel".The back brake is now LESS abrupt than the stocker.The front hose results in more braking power for the same effort at the lever, but also a wider range of "feel".

Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bake

My bike was the first to have BILL's brake lines.
There I fixed it.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: mustang

As Maverick pointed out, the color of the A/Prodis what gives itaway. My carb came with a silver pump rod installed, and the bronze-colored one in the bag with thecarb. I talked to Bill and asked him the same question you asked, "...what's this rod for?". Bill explained to me that the stock rod was silver and in the carb, while his new A/Prod (.150" shorter than stock) was bronze and separate. When I rejetted, I had to swap the accelerator pump rods also. In your case, that's already been done for you.

Sweet, mine has the modded one, thanks bill again (how good is this guy - excellent)

Quick Reply: MY new farkles thanks Bill