MY new farkles thanks Bill

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default MY new farkles thanks Bill

I ordered some stuff off Bill, it turned up yesterday. Nice new toys [8D]

Name:  BrakeHoses.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  57.4 KB

To improve front brakes esp with road tyres on and hopefully fix the lack of feel of the back brake. Anyone know what the little rod is for? I have no idea.

Name:  Carbie3.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  Carbie2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  72.3 KB
Name:  Carbie.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  77.6 KB

We all know why this little baby was ordered, to give the KLX a little more instant acceleration, to help with getting the front over trees etc. Also it is about 1/2 the price of getting the stock Mikuni TM33 in Australia. Nice work Bill.
Cheers

Last edited by MaverickAus; 10-24-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MY new farkles thanks Bill

The rod that was included with your carb is the stock accelerator pump rod. Bill installed a shorter A/C pump rod in your carb already. The reason for the shorter A/C pump rod is that it engages the accelerator pump throughout the entire range of throttle positions, giving better throttle response. The longer (stock) rod will engage the the accelerator pump only until half-throttle. After that, just the slide position is changed. On a TM33 carb, the big hit of fuel that is given with the stock A/C pump rod will sometimescause a bog - the opposite of what you want.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I forgot to tell you congratulations on your new bling! Let us know how the new brake lines work.

Did Bill jet the carb for you, or are you going to do it yourself. A good starting point is to run a 40 pilot jet, 140 main jet, and put the clip on the needle in the2nd slot from the top. The stock needle jet (the brass tube that the needle slides into) is a P-8. I went one step richer to a Q-0, and that really improved the mid-range.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Very nice! [8D]

Those are two mods that I have been thinking of myself. Do post a report once you have them installed and tested.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Very nice Mav, I am still going to get that front brake line, I just hate the thought of smashing the stock tubing wayout on the trail somewhere.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

uh whats a farkle??

Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I have heard this from Tony and Scat, and others but was too shy to ask, so thanks hoedogg. Oh wait now everyone knows that I didn't know.....crap!!

Here is the definition.

Farkle is a fast-paced new dice game from Smart Box Design. The rules are fairly simple; players take turns rolling six dice. A roll of one or six, three of a kind, or a “straight” from one to six score varying amounts of points, from 50 to over 1000. At least one of the dice must be a “scoring” die with a roll of one or six, in order to continue. Choose which dice you want to keep and roll the others again, until you decide to pass. If at any point during your turn you don’t have at least one scoring die, you “Farkle”— you lose all the points accumulated during that turn, and your turn immediately ends. Farkle three turns in a row, and you’ll lose 1000 points. That can be pretty painful, because the object of the game is to be the first to reach 10,000 points. When that happens, the rest of the players in the game have the opportunity to have one last turn, hoping to get the highest score and ****** victory from the player who reached 10,000 points first.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the same thing. The only thing I can guess is its two words that are combined to make a one word meaning. The second half of the word I'm thinking might mean sparkle, and in something added to the bike to make it shine or glimmer or stand out. The first part of the word is just an "F" which I can only guess as being well you know. So you combine F-ing and sparkle and you get Farkle. Am I even close guys?

Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]lmao

Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

1. farkle-accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.
One source attributes the term to Pete Wells, the organizer of a 1997 Honda ST1100 rally

The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

F.A.R.K.L.E. -- Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive

Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Farkle, bling, shiney stuff, more chrome, stuff, toys.

Thanks Mustang [8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY new farkles thanks Bill