Moab 4-27 thru 5-12

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:59 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member
Default Moab 4-27 thru 5-12

I'm heading out for my annual trip to Moab next month with the mighty KLX300S.

I'm just throwing this out if anyone is interested in riding out there. I'll be camping out in the BLM land but can hook up with anyone who's moteling or campgrounding. For those who haven't been out there but always wanted to, I'm extremely familiar with the area and all the logistics to make getting around and what to ride quite easy. A trip like this can be relatively cheap, as camping can be free. Moab has a great grocery store and other places for any essentials. Gas is the biggest expense if you work it the way I do, but unless you're driving a '61 Cadillac limo, when the gas bill is tallied up, it's not that bad even at these prices. The KLX works great out there, so c'mon.

Attached Thumbnails Moab 4-27 thru 5-12-musselman-arch.jpg  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll see if I can swing by one of those two weekends. It would be nice to put a face to the name, as well as have the opportunity to learn a few more things about these nice bikes!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:25 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

B58, bring it on out. It'll be a blast.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Lucky dog(s)
Have fun , stay safe.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Lucky dog(s)
Have fun , stay safe.
Be safe? Like this guy riding in the Moab area?
YouTube - Rabbit Valley/McInnis Canyon Dirtbike Accident

Old 03-24-2011, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

DON'T repeat DON'T do that!!!!!
Spoiler alert: don't scroll down if you don't want to know more.

I've seen that on another site, it ended quite well as far as minimal damage

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Be safe? Like the last time I went riding in the Moab area?
LOL When did you get a helmet cam T&C ??

Crazy video, Time for new underwear after that day!!!

Dan

Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

T,

I'm actually going to be down in Green River over the weekend of April 30 - May 2. I'll be camping with a bunch of river runners, bluegrass pickers, and motorcycle riders. We'll be at Swazys Beach, about 9 miles up the river from the town of Green River. Maybe you ought to think about riding up. The route up from Moab to Green River has some pretty entertaining riding - tons of trails and roads and some bona fide sand dunes (White Wash Sand Dunes - google them). It's also a bit of a route finding adventure. I've never actually ridden all the way through on the dirt. I'm pretty sure the Crystal Geyser Jeep Trail goes all the way through. Check that out. It's that or fifty miles of slab. Booo. If you're game to make a day of it you'll be rewarded with some great camping and a fun party. If I can figure out a way (more time off work) I could meet up and ride with you. The area south of Green River is getting more attention as being a cool place to ride. I think you would dig it.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guido
T,

I'm actually going to be down in Green River over the weekend of April 30 - May 2. I'll be camping with a bunch of river runners, bluegrass pickers, and motorcycle riders. We'll be at Swazys Beach, about 9 miles up the river from the town of Green River. Maybe you ought to think about riding up. The route up from Moab to Green River has some pretty entertaining riding - tons of trails and roads and some bona fide sand dunes (White Wash Sand Dunes - google them). It's also a bit of a route finding adventure. I've never actually ridden all the way through on the dirt. I'm pretty sure the Crystal Geyser Jeep Trail goes all the way through. Check that out. It's that or fifty miles of slab. Booo. If you're game to make a day of it you'll be rewarded with some great camping and a fun party. If I can figure out a way (more time off work) I could meet up and ride with you. The area south of Green River is getting more attention as being a cool place to ride. I think you would dig it.
Yes, there is some good stuff in that area. I've gone to Crystal Geyser and some other nearby places around there. On White Wash, I'm not so keen on the KLX there. It's not a great sand bike. Running into some of the dirt riders in town who've gone or are headed out there, I see the frequent paddle tire attached to some of them. Still, lots of other good stuff out there.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Yes, there is some good stuff in that area. I've gone to Crystal Geyser and some other nearby places around there. On White Wash, I'm not so keen on the KLX there. It's not a great sand bike. Running into some of the dirt riders in town who've gone or are headed out there, I see the frequent paddle tire attached to some of them. Still, lots of other good stuff out there.
Ahh, so you've been up that way. I guess it's a bit more well known that I thought it was. Nevertheless if you have a mind to journey north you'll have someone to camp with. And I agree about the KLX in the dunes. I ventured into them and didn't make it to far. As much rider as bike though.

Quick Reply: Moab 4-27 thru 5-12