Location for GPS Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Location for GPS Tracker

Hey Kawasaki forums!

I'm going to install a GPS tracker on my bike, because there are a lot of thefts in this city and I have had my bike stolen before.

Anyway, time to install a GPS tracker. I bought one but I can't really think of a good place to mount it. Its about the size of a medium sized cellphone. I need to mount it in some place where its not clearly visible when you remove the seat.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Just a guess but could it be fixed in the airbox somewhere, somewhere we're it wouldn't effect the air intake.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

How about sticking it on the bottom of the seat pan?

Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Under the seat ... Like was suggested. Look at post #8

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...control-41497/

Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke

Its about the size of a medium sized cellphone. I need to mount it in some place where its not clearly visible when you remove the seat.

Any suggestions?
Silly question I know but, Is this so thieves don't notice it if they try to strip the bike?
That is of course IF your bike is stolen again?

Last edited by zl PINHEAD lz; 02-27-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Stick it under the fuel tank, not noticeable when you remove the seat

Old 02-27-2014, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd put it under the seat where the fuses are located. This is obviously the driest place on the bike which is why they're located there to begin with. If the tracker works it will follow the bike to the location where they'll strip or store the bike. I wouldn't worry about it being found at that point because you've already found their location.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

It may be obvious in most cases, but I assume this thing is waterproof and somewhat heat resistant? Might get kind of warm under the tank, but if this thing is bombproof, under the tank may be one of the last locations they'll find it while the theft is in progress. From seeing other theft incidents, it appears that at the scene, they sometimes take off the seat and pull back the headlight/instrument panel to access the wiring and break the steering lock. Under the tank tampering probably isn't going to happen at the scene. The tracking device does little good while the bike is being putzed with at the scene of the initial theft. The airbox doesn't sound like a bad idea, but in my case it would get nasty with filter oil, and I don't like to take away from the available "dead air" space that is already somewhat minimal in there.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

How about under the airbox? Except it'd be visible if you look. I like the suggestion of under the gas tank. Another option, especially if you can make it look like a standard bike part, is under the left side panel next to the CDI (assuming that's what that black box is).

Rob

Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

On my bike I have an anti-theft alarm (Not GPS tracker, but about the same size) I literally stuck it right on my airbox, but covered the whole thing in plastic spray and drilled it there. Looks like it's a small computer that was there from factory. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Location for GPS Tracker