Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Right! I'll show you mine first:

lol

Old 06-28-2016, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

My a$$ sits on a sargent seat. It wasn't long after I rode the klx250s for more than 10 min that I became convinced the stock seat was just as comfortable as a 2x4 on edge.

I am going on 74 and my back always hurts. I got the klx because of the long stroke shocks knowing I could set them softer. My last ride was a majesty scooter and the ride is horrible on them. For me the most important thing I could have done was to make the ride as soft and comfortable as possible and the sargent seat made it so I could ride period.
Even the knobies bother me and when I replace the tires this summer I will go with a more conservative tire. If I could only mod one thing it would be the seat on a klx. Power mods are worthless if you can't stay on it long enough to use them.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Seat Concepts Products keeps mine from complaining

Old 07-03-2016, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

I've got the seat concepts product as well, that and a less aggressive tire has made my 1.25 hour commute far more bearable. I still want to stand and stretch after about 50 minutes, but I can sit through the whole ride now.

It did make my ride height a little higher, so I'm on the ***** of my feet now when stopped.

I wouldn't call it 100% comfortable, but to be fair I'm a really big guy so I need a lot of cushion to be comfortable. The nice thing is the seat concepts widened the seat considerably. I just wish it had kept the green stripe color from stock. I think if I add a small cushion where I sit, but leave the valley open to stand at lights I'll be pretty happy, but I do love the grippy top surface. Very positive seating position. I purchased just the foam and cover and found it was not that hard to install. I want to fix one very small wrinkle, but it's my first time doing any upholstery and I did it with a screw driver, sharp scissor and manual stapler with no real problems. It fit great and just had to cut a couple small spots to help get a tight fit around the mounts and some other bracing on the plastic underneath