LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

That's what I said lol!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
Looks fun, I keep telling myself ill join TRF!
I'm sure I'll get round to it soon enough, have you got any videos to share?
I have posted on YouTube of a couple of trips around the Peaks - possibly not the most riveting videos but they will give you an idea of a TRF ride - these are not hardcore runs, just a day out riding. There is also a short one of Stanage Edge a track that used to be a rock strewn hard climb but is now like a garden path.

South Yorks TRF run 19th Jan 2014 - part 1.
. (There is a part 2 for this as well)

Stanage Edge - 24 sep 14 - After surface works.

Peak District TRF Run - 4 may 2014.

The TRF it is good for getting out on the lanes, letting you know what's legal and having people to ride with (good if you have a tumble or break your bike in the middle of no-where). Your nearest group is Ribble Valley - meetings in Clitheroe, or check the website Manchester runs are posted and it's on a first come basis. Manchester group will take you out for a run or two before you need to commit and join ( £40 odd a year for TRF, plus Manchester group £10 year to cover costs of arranging runs).

PS as these are moving pictures hope I have not gone to far off topic here!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New(to me) KLX 250

Hi All,
Picked up a '09 model with 3k miles a few months ago. It is in excellent, unabused shape.
Added the usual crash test pieces(hand guards, rad guards, skid plate), jet kit, Uni filter, and replaced the shift star. Cam timing mod & perhaps an exhaust mod will come come later.
Here's a few pics from my 1st ds ride on this bike. It's the Sweetwater range near Bridgeport, Ca(eastern Sierra's).
Overall the bike is a keeper. The elevation of this ride was 6000 - 11600 ft, so the power was down. Suspension is good and the front wheel goes where I want it to. Stock tires actually worked well.

Cheers,

Eric

LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-sweetwater-1.jpg
Sweetwater mts. You can see the trail we are on.

LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-sweetwater-2.jpg
More of the same

LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-sweetwater-3.jpg
All most to the top of Mt Patterson. The guy that shared the tracks for this loop said - "Hope you like rocks" He wasn't kidding.

LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-sweetwater-4.jpg
Summit! - 11600 ft. I was in 1st gear for the last portions(stock gearing)

Old 08-28-2014, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome ride, I love that area, especially the high desert in general. I always eat crap out there on the rocks but its always fun none the less.

Last edited by NorCalKLX; 08-28-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Typo!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by willb
I have posted on YouTube of a couple of trips around the Peaks - possibly not the most riveting videos but they will give you an idea of a TRF ride - these are not hardcore runs, just a day out riding. There is also a short one of Stanage Edge a track that used to be a rock strewn hard climb but is now like a garden path...
Geez, man - in that first video the size of some of those stones and the proximity of the fence line looks plenty hardcore to me!

Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

Originally Posted by SirCam
Geez, man - in that first video the size of some of those stones and the proximity of the fence line looks plenty hardcore to me!
Perhaps that should have read mostly a gentle run - i find it helps to keep my eyes firmly shut at times - what you cant
see cant hurt you?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Default Not quite a KLX but it is?! haha

Hi Guys

New to the forum. So ill post a pic here... but... my bike is not a Kawa, it's a Suz... but underneath she is all Kawa! HAHAHA There are no Forums for my bike as it is not made anymore....

I have the only one in South Africa, it's a SB 250 which is basically a re-badged KLX 250 D-tracker, it's a long story.... from Thailand. Love the bike, goes very well. Top speed 147kmh. Hope you like it

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-dsc_0738.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-dsc_0760-1-.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

That's pretty cool man. Unique for sure!

Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by willb
I have posted on YouTube of a couple of trips around the Peaks - possibly not the most riveting videos but they will give you an idea of a TRF ride - these are not hardcore runs, just a day out riding. There is also a short one of Stanage Edge a track that used to be a rock strewn hard climb but is now like a garden path.

The TRF it is good for getting out on the lanes, letting you know what's legal and having people to ride with (good if you have a tumble or break your bike in the middle of no-where). Your nearest group is Ribble Valley - meetings in Clitheroe, or check the website Manchester runs are posted and it's on a first come basis. Manchester group will take you out for a run or two before you need to commit and join ( £40 odd a year for TRF, plus Manchester group £10 year to cover costs of arranging runs).

PS as these are moving pictures hope I have not gone to far off topic here!
Hey will

No, not off topic at all the more pics, clips and info the better.
Looks like a lot of fun, I picked up a TRF application form from a dealership close by but I've not signed up yet, for £40 a year you can't go wrong.

It will be good to get out and start riding some green lanes.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Motard
Hi Guys

New to the forum. So ill post a pic here... but... my bike is not a Kawa, it's a Suz... but underneath she is all Kawa! HAHAHA There are no Forums for my bike as it is not made anymore....

I have the only one in South Africa, it's a SB 250 which is basically a re-badged KLX 250 D-tracker, it's a long story.... from Thailand. Love the bike, goes very well. Top speed 147kmh. Hope you like it

Hey cool bike Bru! At least you can get all the latest KLX mods, like 331 kits to bolt straight on. Welcome to the forum, from an ex Saffer.

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs