KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by preben lassen
Hi Joel

I am the happy owner of klx 250 and i have been very happy to going off road here in Thailand (Jomtien). I already did some mods such as, full exhaust system, air filter, Power Comander and the clutch thing.
I just order a 331 cc Big bore kit from Bill Blue and then i would like to ask you if you like to share some Power Comander maps with me?

Best Regards
Preben Lassen

E-mail: Prebenlomholt@gmail.com
Hi Preben, I can pass on a selection of PCv 331 MAPS onto to you. I'll email you a 12.8, 13.0 & 13.2 AFR MAPS for you to try.

Just remember all my MAPS were created with WEBCAMS101 grind fitted, so it won't be a perfect plug n play MAP!! The 101 grind has slightly raised power curve etc. Be prepared to manually adjust any imperfections in the MAP for your bike....this could take some time!

The Bill Blue 331 kit comes with Pair Valve (clean air) block off plate, it's a good idea to fit it, as it will stop all the decel popping

Last edited by JoelThailand; 02-19-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
Hi Preben, I can pass on a selection of PCv 331 MAPS onto to you. I'll email you a 12.8, 13.0 & 13.2 AFR MAPS for you to try.

Just remember all my MAPS were created with WEBCAMS101 grind fitted, so it won't be a perfect plug n play MAP!! The 101 grind has slightly raised power curve etc. Be prepared to manually adjust any imperfections in the MAP for your bike....this could take some time!

The Bill Blue 331 kit comes with Pair Valve (clean air) block off plate, it's a good idea to fit it, as it will stop all the decel popping
Hi again Joel

That will be very nice and i will look forward get the maps from you and then i can go from there.

Now i just wait for my friend to send the BB kit to me( 1-2 weeks).
He will send it as a sample to me, so i can save the import tax (hopefully).

When i have the big bore up and running i will let you know how it works and thanks a lot, i know that you done lot of work with you Kawa for many years now, you are a pioneer.

All the best

Preben

Last edited by preben lassen; 02-19-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:34 AM
1st Gear Member

When i have the big bore up and running i will let you know how it works and thanks a lot, i know that you done lot of work with you Kawa for many years now, you are a pioneer.
I think Pioneer sits nicely between Guinea Pig & Cash Cow!!

Stiffen up the suspension & bolt on a 331 big bore kit & it transforms into a very enjoyable bike.

Good luck with the install

Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 AM

Hi Joel
Finally i got my big bore kit from Bill Blue 2 months after i ordered it.

But but when i opened the box it was the 351 cc kit!!! and now the big question can it work or do i have to send it back and change to 331 cc.

There is a Dyno test here in Pattaya maybe they can make it running good ? I will go there tomorrow and ask them if they can do.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Preben

Old 04-17-2014, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I think there's no reason it won't work. Other members with newer KLXs have done the 351.

My 331 is still more than 2 mos away alas. Living overseas has its drawbacks.

- Or hang onto yours for a few months and I'll fly over from the Philippines and swap ya!

haha

Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Joel
Finally i got my big bore kit from Bill Blue 2 months after i ordered it.

But but when i opened the box it was the 351 cc kit!!! and now the big question can it work or do i have to send it back and change to 331 cc.

There is a Dyno test here in Pattaya maybe they can make it running good ? I will go there tomorrow and ask them if they can do.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Preben
Hi Preben,

I just emailed you 3 different MAPS for a rich 331. I'm almost certain the 351 will work. Don't panic, just get it fitted & start playing with fuel cells on the power commander!

You might need to richen up these MAPS a little bit for the 351.....but it's only 20cc more.

Up to 60% throttle position my MAPS should be pretty good. The 3 MAPS are pretty rich for webcam101 performance camshafts & my airbox has a bigger snorkel with extra holes drilled.

It's quite easy to add 5-10% more fuel to a group of fuel cells. Keep saving new MAPS until your happy. Spend some time watching Power commander 5 tutorials on Youtube.

Good luck

J

Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Preben!

Your name sounds Danish, are you Danish? So am I

Anyway, let us know about the 351cc kit on the EFI KLX. I am sure we are all interested in how it runs, it would be cool to get confirmation that it can be made to run smoothly.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

At last, an EFI 351 Guinea Pig! At least one that is on Forum. Suddenly the Forum comes alive again!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
Hey Preben!

Your name sounds Danish, are you Danish? So am I

Anyway, let us know about the 351cc kit on the EFI KLX. I am sure we are all interested in how it runs, it would be cool to get confirmation that it can be made to run smoothly.
Hej Nikolaj

Ja, jeg er dansk og bor i Thailand og jeg ser frem til at jeg får det monteret og at det virker.

Preben

Old 04-19-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by grahamgower
At last, an EFI 351 Guinea Pig! At least one that is on Forum. Suddenly the Forum comes alive again!
Lets see Graham, i hope that it will work for me!!!

Quick Reply: KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)