KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Smoked lens drc 602 led indicators look way better IMO. There are a dozen led indicator sets to chose from that will fit these days.

I don't know anyone that bothered with the relay! The led will flash quicker without the relay but it just helps makes you look more visible on the road.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:31 AM

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I presume from that it's okay to change the rear and leave the front as stock then? Thanks.

Just looking in to the 602's now, I might have a go at mounting the stock blinkers back on to the edge unit for the time being, as ni doubt the new blinkers will take 10 - 14 days to arrive here.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

A mate of mine got these led's on his bike:
Signal LED RZM. 1.
Code: 001547

K-Speed in Bangkok sends out products over night by EMS post, i've bought loads of stuff from them. Very quick & reliable!

???????????? LED k_speed - k-speed

Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM

cheers, Joel. I have just been to the local Somchai motocye store and picked up a set for B200. They will do until the ones I ordered (601 smoked) from ebay come through.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:22 AM

I just fitted the TBR M7 and it's way too loud so I have ordered a P1X power tip and I'm hoping this makes it a little less obnoxious sounding.

Smell of burning from the exhaust too. I'm hoping this is just because it's new???

Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kwakajack04
I just fitted the TBR M7 and it's way too loud so I have ordered a P1X power tip and I'm hoping this makes it a little less obnoxious sounding.

Smell of burning from the exhaust too. I'm hoping this is just because it's new???
I tried the PIX on my TBR & it made almost no difference to the obnoxious noise & I sold it on & got an FMF Q4 as quickly as possible. My friend has got a P4 tip which makes the exhaust almost ok to ride....still to loud for my liking.

Sorry to put a downer on your exhaust!

Old 12-15-2013, 12:53 AM

Cheers for the reply, Joel. The TBR is too loud for the streets in my opinion. Whats the noise like of a FMF Q4 in comparison? Db levels?

Old 12-15-2013, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kwakajack04
Cheers for the reply, Joel. The TBR is too loud for the streets in my opinion. Whats the noise like of a FMF Q4 in comparison? Db levels?
The TBR is ridiculously loud & would seriously have annoyed my neighbors, I considered myself lucky not to be arrested by the police!! 100+Db even at low rpm. The PIX tip was a bitter disappointment & I was very glad I bought it (PIX) a month before I got the TBR exhaust. I had the exhaust on the bike for half a day & took it off asap so I could sell it back to the shop here minus 10%....very lucky!!

The FMF Q4 sounds great, nice little thumper noise. You can ride quietly at low rpms & can make a decent noise a high rpms when required. I would guess low 90'sDb when pottering around. I've had the Q4 for nearly 2 years now & very happy with it. Did a $20 re-pack at 10,000km last year which probably wasn't needed but it was only a 2hr job all the same.

The trouble with watching Youtube videos on the TBR is it's so loud the microphones on phones & compact cameras just don't record that loud.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:10 AM

Just finished fitting the edge2. Here's a before and after pic if anyone is interested.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Default Power Comander

Hi Joel

I am the happy owner of klx 250 and i have been very happy to going off road here in Thailand (Jomtien). I already did some mods such as, full exhaust system, air filter, Power Comander and the clutch thing.
I just order a 331 cc Big bore kit from Bill Blue and then i would like to ask you if you like to share some Power Comander maps with me?

Best Regards
Preben Lassen

E-mail: Prebenlomholt@gmail.com
Originally Posted by JoelThailand
That's pretty much it!! I had to fit stronger
clutch springs, as the extra power was getting some slippage at high rpm!

Are you sure you can handle the obnoxiously loud TBR M7 exhaust?? The fmf Q4 delivers the same power & sounds good, except your neighbors & the police will a lot happier with you!!

Engine wise you will be ok & that's pretty much it!! I can send you a couple of PCv MAPS to play with. The only other thing is the bike is like a rocking horse made of jelly unless you weigh less than 140lbs....the stock springs are useless but that's another story.

Quick Reply: KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)