KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah they do. You have to shortcircut the clutch lever switch to allow the bike to rev over 7500rpm in 4th, 5th, and 6th gear. Easy mod that takes a minute to do and costs nothing. I think we all assumed that he already did this mod because its the first thing anyone buying an EFI KLX should do.

I think a lot of people here in Denmark dont know about the mod though. I constantly see KLX for sale with top speed listed as 110 km/h, which is the top speed if you dont do the clutch mod...Man those guys must be dissapointed when buying this bike, lol.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM

This is awesome info gentlemen, thanks. I've been going a little crazy because I bought my bike nearly a week ago from the dealer, however I live in Japan (which means my manual is Japanese) and unfortunately I don't read Kanji or Katakana. Now I don't mean to thread-jack, but I was wondering if you guys in Thialand had access to English EFI manuals? Again, thanks for the information and mod ideas!

Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-24-2013, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KawasakiCrewChief
This is awesome info gentlemen, thanks. I've been going a little crazy because I bought my bike nearly a week ago from the dealer, however I live in Japan (which means my manual is Japanese) and unfortunately I don't read Kanji or Katakana. Now I don't mean to thread-jack, but I was wondering if you guys in Thialand had access to English EFI manuals? Again, thanks for the information and mod ideas!
If importing parts for your bike is getting expensive with duty/tax etc, you have a company in Japan that supplies a wide range of performance parts for the klx-S-SF/D-Tracker. I have bought some Zeta parts from them & can recommend them:
KAWASAKI D-TRACKER-X Custom Parts and Customer Reviews This company also have their own 315 big bore kit with fuel controller from Beet & Nassert, if you want to be different!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Very interesting site Joel. I wonder how good those different types of fuel controllers they have work. They seem to offer two kinds "Special Agent Negotiator-I Injection controller" and "BEET NASSERT Bore up 315 cc Support Injection controller Kit"

They seem super expensive though. Over 700 dollars for the Beet controller!

I am also kinda interested in the Beet injector, obviouisly the stock one works, but maybe the Beet injector is more efficient?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
They seem super expensive though. Over 700 dollars for the Beet controller!

I am also kinda interested in the Beet injector, obviouisly the stock one works, but maybe the Beet injector is more efficient?
The Beet injector is not a special item, just a slightly larger flowing keihen injector (same make as original). This item does not seem to matter with the 331 & I would stick my neck out & say the stock injector could handle a 351 jug! I've accidentally had my bike running at a super rich 10.5afr at 10,500rpm & the bike didn't like it at all....lol. But it does show that it could easily power a 351 if required.

The Beet/Nassert big bore & controller is a fully programmable racing system for the Jap market & is a tad expensive IMHO. But free shipping & no tax/duty to pay if you live in Japan.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 PM

More great stuff, thanks. Honestly, I hate being the pioneer when it is risking my wallet, so I'll probably just end up waiting a year and watching bikes with mods similar to the ones I'm thinking I want. I feel I need to take a year of hard analytical examination of the stock platform to really zero in on things I am interested in modifying. Learn from others mistakes and go for needs, not whimsical wants. Plus, if I try to spend anymore money on it in the next six months I'll be murdered by my wife...Thanks again!

Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

You dont need to be a pioneer.

Big boring an EFI KLX/D-Trackers has been done many times with no issues. This is my first bike and have no mechanical experience whatsoever and I still managed to big bore an EFI KLX and get it up and running.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:51 AM

Well the project is off to a flying start, NOT!

The first items on my shopping list are starting to filter through the postal service and land on my doorstep. Arriving today was a DRC Edge2 kit. I was pretty happy, and just about to look in to fitting it, then I read the sticker on the front of the packaging. 'This product can not be used with stock flashers. Please use 8mm flasher fitting bolt' WTF? So now I have to get some flashers before I can get cracking. pretty disappointed, but I guess I should have done a better job on my homework!

Question: What flashers to order? DRC Type 601?

Question part two: Anywhere in Thailand sell them?

Cheers again for any help.

Edit; Done some googling and found the DRC 601 flashers, going to fit front and rear, now I'm reading I need to also buy a different relay and some wiring kit to get them working correctly.

relay? http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-69/index.html

Wiring kit? http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-91/index.html

and some holder for the front flashers? http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-59-90/index.html

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Last edited by kwakajack04; 12-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=kwakajack04;504278]Well the project is off to a flying start, NOT!

The first items on my shopping list are starting to filter through the postal service and land on my doorstep. Arriving today was a DRC Edge2 kit. I was pretty happy, and just about to look in to fitting it, then I read the sticker on the front of the packaging. 'This product can not be used with stock flashers. Please use 8mm flasher fitting bolt' WTF? So now I have to get some flashers before I can get cracking. pretty disappointed, but I guess I should have done a better job on my homework!

The standard flashers work perfectly well with the standard bracket, just fiddle around a bit. I cannot remember exactly how I did mine as I am not near my bike now, but maybe an extra couple of longer bolts as I recall did the trick. Play around and you will figure it out. If you don't manage I will take some pics of my setup.

Quick Reply: KLX 331 Mod on 2013 250S (Fuel Injected)