kawasaki performance oils (take 2)

Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up kawasaki performance oils (take 2)

after starting a thread quite a while ago asking if they where any good (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...rformance+Oils), asking if they are any good, im going to find out for myself i guess. heres what i got in my inbox 2 days ago.

Hi punkenduro09,

My name is Brandon Flanders and I work for the Accessories Department with Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA. I saw your post regarding our launch of Kawasaki Performance Oils and would like to send you an oil change on us.

Not sure if you have seen all the literature on the new line, but it truly is a completly redeveloped line of oil focused on performance for your Kawasaki. These products have been tested by our engineers and are specifically designed for your bike.

So, which bike of ours do you have and what would be a good address to send you the oil? If you could, please send this info to my work email address - blahblahblah@kmc-usa.com and I'll get you out a couple quarts so you can see the benefits for yourself.

Let the good times roll!
Forward Message
i was stoked, emailed him right back. seriously 2 days later i come home to a box with 2 quarts of kawi full syn 10w40 (today). its cool to see kawi actually looked at this forum, and not only that but sends a trial offer to show how good its products are. i have to say the won me there, but in all fairness, i havent seen too many reviews on it so i see its fitting with them sending it i owe it to them to post and honest review. ill change the oil in the next few days and give you guys a first impression. the true test will be what happens 1000 miles later.

Last edited by punkenduro09; 10-21-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
after starting a thread quite a while ago asking if they where any good (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...rformance+Oils), asking if they are any good, im going to find out for myself i guess. heres what i got in my inbox 2 days ago.

i was stoked, emailed him right back. seriously 2 days later i come home to a box with 2 quarts of kawi full syn 10w40 (today). its cool to see kawi actually looked at this forum, and not only that but sends a trial offer to show how good its products are. i have to say the won me there, but in all fairness, i havent seen too many reviews on it so i see its fitting with them sending it i owe it to them to post and honest review. ill change the oil in the next few days and give you guys a first impression. the true test will be what happens 1000 miles later.
Hey that's pretty cool. It's a really smart, and economical, way for Kawi to get the word out about a new product.
Maybe they'll send you a 2011 klx to try out next
Dan

Old 10-21-2010, 03:38 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

That's pathetic, punken. Begging for free oil on a public forum, and then Kawasaki pandering to buy support by sending out free oil. Absolutely pitiful!

Uhh, punken...could you PM that secret e-mail address where you made contact with them?

Old 10-21-2010, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Send a virgin sample off to Blackstone, or some other oil analysis company, and post the results. Do the same with some other well-known oils, and I think you may be surprised what you find....which is: You don't always get better lubricant packages when you pay more money.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
You don't always get better lubricant packages when you pay more money.
That's definitely true.

We used to have Kawasaki branded oils here. IIRC, they were relabeled ELF oils.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Maybe they'll send you a 2011 klx450s to try out next
Dan
fixed

Originally Posted by zomby woof
IIRC, they were relabeled ELF oils.
they crush elves to make this oil? i dont think thats vegetarian...

Old 10-25-2010, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

changed the oil today. it seams to run smooth, shift nice. fells just like i changed it with maxima syn-blend, which i really like. ill make notes as the oil gets age.