Kawasaki 2010 D-Tracker

Old 11-29-2015, 02:41 AM
Default Kawasaki 2010 D-Tracker

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get brighter headlight bulbs for my Kawasaki 250 D-Tracker? The twin standard ones are not that bright, I've been looking on ebay etc & the most popular fitments are different to my ones (Bayou) is there any places in Thailand that may stock these?

Thanks In Advance...

Baz

P.s I'm only looking at a straight replacement bulb that can handle the existing wiring & no Led conversion etc...

Attached Thumbnails Kawasaki 2010 D-Tracker-imag0439.jpg   Kawasaki 2010 D-Tracker-imag0440.jpg  

Last edited by baz69er; 11-29-2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

1. Bought in Thailand from supermarket for a little less than 200THB……High / Low beam is reversed……no good!!

2. Bought form ebay at $20 for a set of two bulbs…….not very focused beam, even though they seem brighter…..no good!!

After riding with the eagle bulbs (2.) for a couple of days, i have fitted the standard Kawasaki bulbs back in my bike as they seem to have a better more focused beam of light than the aftermarket bulbs. I have completely wasted my time & some money trying to find a better set of bulbs for my bike. Most bulbs seem to work in reverse ie, high is low & low is high or the bulbs are bighter but wishy washy in their beam pattern. BTW also tried riding with bulbs positioned in holder upside down (turned 180 degres) made them both worse.

In summery I can tell you all…….don’t waste your time unless your super sure about what you are buying!!!!!!!! I hate to admit defeat but these stupid bulbs have won!

Maybe a powerful LED light is available for the dtracker, as my efforts for finding bulbs were 2 years ago!

Old 11-29-2015, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

There's a thread here about this bulb. Said it was very bright and just plugs in as a direct replacement. I think there is a comparison pic or video too. I think there was a debate due to heat, I don't remember. Maybe look for the thread, it wasn't to long ago.

When I read about items I'm interested in, I make a list in my notes. This bulb is on that list. So that's all I remember.

Here is the bulb on ebay.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=141652871515

Last edited by Werloc; 11-29-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werloc
When I read about items I'm interested in, I make a list in my notes. This bulb is on that list. So that's all I remember.

Here is the bulb on ebay.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=141652871515
If only it was as easy as getting a higher powered H4 bulb. The Asian spec twin headlight klx/dtrackers have a very weird pair of bulbs that I gave up trying to replace 2 years ago, would be great to hear if someone solved this problem but I doubt someone with a US spec single headlight on this forum can help.

Bulb type: Stanley Halogens 30w with the two soldered bumps for contacts (double contact bayonet?); the kind common with turn signals lights, scooter headlights, etc

Last edited by JoelThailand; 11-29-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure what lights are in there, but have you tried these guys?

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

I've dropped their HID kits in 2 sport bikes and the difference is night and day... Literally...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
If only it was as easy as getting a higher powered H4 bulb. The Asian spec twin headlight klx/dtrackers have a very weird pair of bulbs that I gave up trying to replace 2 years ago, would be great to hear if someone solved this problem but I doubt someone with a US spec single headlight on this forum can help.

Bulb type: Stanley Halogens 30w with the two soldered bumps for contacts (double contact bayonet?); the kind common with turn signals lights, scooter headlights, etc
Yeah, hm, figured they would be the same. Had no idea they were different. I tried, oh well.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
1. Bought in Thailand from supermarket for a little less than 200THB……High / Low beam is reversed……no good!!

2. Bought form ebay at $20 for a set of two bulbs…….not very focused beam, even though they seem brighter…..no good!!

After riding with the eagle bulbs (2.) for a couple of days, i have fitted the standard Kawasaki bulbs back in my bike as they seem to have a better more focused beam of light than the aftermarket bulbs. I have completely wasted my time & some money trying to find a better set of bulbs for my bike. Most bulbs seem to work in reverse ie, high is low & low is high or the bulbs are bighter but wishy washy in their beam pattern. BTW also tried riding with bulbs positioned in holder upside down (turned 180 degres) made them both worse.

In summery I can tell you all…….don’t waste your time unless your super sure about what you are buying!!!!!!!! I hate to admit defeat but these stupid bulbs have won!

Maybe a powerful LED light is available for the dtracker, as my efforts for finding bulbs were 2 years ago!

Thanks for your information, I'm beginning to think that the only way is to change the whole headlight to LED, something that I don't really want to do......

Cheers

Baz