Icon Patrol Jacket

Old 02-11-2015, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Question Icon Patrol Jacket

Who has an Icon Patrol Jacket? What do you think about it?

My local dirt bike shop has one on clearance for $275. Retail on-line looks to be $400. He told me to take it home and wear it around. It feels great. CE armor in elbows and shoulders. Back foam paddling. Lots of pockets.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Scott, what application for this jacket? I know you have more than one motorcycle.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Is it neon green?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks OK. Another option you may want to consider is a Firstgear Kathmandu jacket. You can find them on clearance from time to time and it has been very useful for most seasons. The only time I hesitate to wear it is if the temp gets over 85-even with all of the vents open it can get hot when I tackle low speed single tracks that give you a workout.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:31 PM
rlj
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Who has an Icon Patrol Jacket? What do you think about it?

My local dirt bike shop has one on clearance for $275. Retail on-line looks to be $400. He told me to take it home and wear it around. It feels great. CE armor in elbows and shoulders. Back foam paddling. Lots of pockets.
I have one a love it. I've had it for about 3 years now and its held up very well. I typically use it without the liner unless its below 40 or so, I find that a long sleeve thermal shirt and the jacket provides great protection from the elements.

Make sure you try the jacket on with the liner in and out due to its thickness.

Rain protection is very good. I've been in a few moderate rain storms unexpectedly and never got wet on the inside.

I often use the jacket during the winter months as my winter coat, I would take it snow skiing as well...........

at that price, I'd buy another one in a heart beat!

Old 02-12-2015, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Scott, what application for this jacket? I know you have more than one motorcycle.
I'll use it for street, dirt, likely some snow sports also (skiing, snowmobiling). I expect it to be all-around for cooler weather.

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Is it neon green?
Unfortunately not. Grey.

Originally Posted by GBAUTO
Looks OK. Another option you may want to consider is a Firstgear Kathmandu jacket. You can find them on clearance from time to time and it has been very useful for most seasons. The only time I hesitate to wear it is if the temp gets over 85-even with all of the vents open it can get hot when I tackle low speed single tracks that give you a workout.
I've heard good things of this jacket also. Thanks.

Originally Posted by rlj
I have one a love it. I've had it for about 3 years now and its held up very well. I typically use it without the liner unless its below 40 or so, I find that a long sleeve thermal shirt and the jacket provides great protection from the elements.

Make sure you try the jacket on with the liner in and out due to its thickness.

Rain protection is very good. I've been in a few moderate rain storms unexpectedly and never got wet on the inside.

I often use the jacket during the winter months as my winter coat, I would take it snow skiing as well...........

at that price, I'd buy another one in a heart beat!
Thanks. This is the input I was looking for. I wore it around last night, liner in and out. Feels pretty good. I have a lighter weight very breathable with lots of mesh neon yellow jacket with a liner that works well in cool to hot temps. This Icon would fit well for moderately cold to warm temps.

Last edited by IDRIDR; 02-12-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:06 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Scott, the reason I ask is because that jacket looks more sport/road bike oriented. The one GB posted is more suitable IMO for off road. I'm not fond of armor-in-the-jacket setups because they're usually too warm when temps or off road effort increase. I like an enduro style jacket that fits over body armor to where you can remove the jacket and still have your body armor in place.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm really happy with the Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket after having it for a full season. The fit is good and its very comfortable in all seasons.