I need some help from riders I've helped...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I need some help from riders I've helped...

Hi, I'm Mark, maker of Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners. As some of you know, I do the tensioners as a sideline and am a middle school industrial tech teacher by day. What started out fueled by self need became a minor industry, giving me the fun of developing designs for numerous models of motorcycles from Hyosung to Yamaha with lots of Kaws in the middle.

I need to take classes to renew my teaching certification one more time before retirement (likely 70 yrs old) so I need hours. I wanted to make the classes useful and enjoyable, relating to both the stuff I teach now and what I might do after retiring. I teach web design and as some can tell you, my own web site needs a serious face lift. So I am now in an HTML/CSS coding course to sharpen my skills and there is a required project that fell conveniently in place - create a web site.

Now I need some help from some of you riders who are running the part I make. I want to use some pictures of you riders and your bikes, that are using my part.

That said, I want at least my home page to show riders with their bikes that have used the manual cam chain tensioners I build. If you could, PM a picture, preferably around 800x640 or so, to me or email it. Try to keep the size down since I'd have to reduce it anyway and the images fill email quota fast. One shot with or on the bike would be cool.

With enough images it would be interesting to add to other pages too. Sticker in the image would be way cool, but not necessary.

As I have said before, it is more about keeping bikes functioning right than it is about selling stuff. That's why I ended up spending nearly $100 to get a correct set of Hyosung tensioners made and sent off to Australia, getting it right. I have never left a rider hanging without the part or with the wrong part, regardless of what it cost. This project is similar, going for more knowledge and skill in web design and graphics to add to my classes I teach and just because it is an adventure.

As always, I appreciate any help that can be given.

I will be cross posting this in some other forums too.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:04 PM
1st Gear Member

i will send some pics when i get mine this week and install in on my 2009 klx 250s EFI

will take some off removal of the old and how it looks and installing the new one

Old 06-06-2016, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Happy to return a favor, Mark.
You've been a great help to me and many others around here.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I'm outlining the project. Definitely complex, but fun... until it's frustrating, but that's what the instructors, the internet, and w3schools is for.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Do you need both rider and bike or will just bike do?

Old 06-07-2016, 06:11 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Hey Mark...I lost my hard drive this past January, and with it went all my pics of the different ways to adjust and access the tensioner when we were doing the test-bed period on it. All my closeup shots from the development are gone too. It sucks to be an idiot and not backup.

Am I understanding that you want pics of just the bikes and users or did this have anything to do with install, adjustment, etc?

Old 06-07-2016, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I would actually like to have pics of rider and bike, moving or still. The actual theme I've kind of held since it started is "It's about the bike and the rider!" since the whole thing evolved from my needs and then requests from others like you, the guys on the Zephyr Zone, the Eliminator Owners, and the KLX650 group. Keep the bikes going for the riders.

Rider sitting on bike, standing by bike, whatever you want. It reflects on the enjoyment some, including me, have had in our dealings.

And again, thanks.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Emailed pics!

Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Since I've got 50K+(40K with your tensioner) all weather miles, my bike ain't to purty. I'll send you an action shot so it doesn't show as much.
I truly believe your CCT is the reason my bike is still cruising along.
More than happy to help...once it stops raining.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Just ordered one for my 09 today. And will have a picture up when it comes. I am getting paranoid about stuff breaking. Just lost a ton of money on a ranger pick up I bought and drove 7 weeks to have the cam chain tensioner let loose. Instead of replacing the engine or repair I sold it to the junk yard. Putting a couple thousand more into it is like going back to the crap game to get your money back.

Quick Reply: I need some help from riders I've helped...