HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread

This is going to be a very slow thread as I'm in university at the moment, but I thought I would post everything I do to my bike.

Today I received some of my vinyl, so I wrapped my fork shrouds.

Attached Thumbnails HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread-imag0649.jpg  

Last edited by HypnoFrogs; 10-21-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Vinyl'd the headlight shroud today!

The sticker bomb looks quite bad with the green, but once the black vinyl is on it will look a lot better!

If it doesn't look any better I will be taking off the sticker bomb and thinking of an alternative.

Attached Thumbnails HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread-imag0651.jpg   HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread-imag0653.jpg   HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread-imag0652.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm not a fan of the graphic vinyl but this is the best thread name ever.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by taxonomy
I'm not a fan of the graphic vinyl but this is the best thread name ever.

haha Thanks.

Yeah I'm not to sure about the graphic vinyl either. its quite loud and doesn't look as good as I thought it would. I'm contemplating going full black or full white with the vinyl over every fairing, but I'm not sure.

any suggestions or pictures of other custom bike colours would be great if any one has them!

Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

My advice would be no cosmetic modification. Spend more time with college girls.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:12 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

My advice would be no cosmetic modification. Spend more time with college girls.
That and spend that money on fuel for riding!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

No point as I have a girlfriend right now haha.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

If you think that wrap would look better with red plastics, I have a complete set to sell or trade for green. The only green pieces I need are lower headlight cover and radiator shrouds. I'll trade ALL plastics for just those....

Old 10-23-2015, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, I have an idea.. Lets all let Hypno continue his race to his finish line unfettered/unimpeded with and/or by a bunch of useless blowviations by the boring/bored....

I'm already old and I want to see his end result before I die..

Old 10-24-2015, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

OH YEAH! Lots of fun with both, lots of trouble possible with both, but the bike won't dump you - you dump the bike and it's always sitting there waiting for you.

I actually find the graphics thing interesting. The one I saw similar was where one guy did a real sticker bomb job on his Wee Strom's repaired side shroud. That was really cool looking, but takes a ton of stickers - real product stickers.

I think I agree with Klxter - you gots the stuff, stick it on and see what it does look like. Just because some of us may not like it doesn't mean you should follow suit - it can always be peeled off plus it's a hell of a lot better than military or hunting camo - although when I did a search on vinyl wrap camo patterns there was some interesting ones like leopard and this one:

Funny side note - some hunters threw a camo cover over their ATV, but ran late hunting and lost it when it got too dark to easily see it. Had to go back the next morning to find it.

Finish the work, stand back and see what you think. What does your girlfriend think? I don't think she would appreciate the one I posted there though.

The vinyl is expensive, but doing carbon fiber look wrap would be interesting. Still any plain uniform colors need something to break up the panel. A few well chosen graphics, product stickers or otherwise.

Last edited by klx678; 10-24-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: HypnoFrogs Slow Modification Thread