How to reset clock? And pannier bracket mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 09:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default How to reset clock? And pannier bracket mounting?

A couple of questions for you lovely helpful fellow Klixers...

1. How to reset the clock?

My manual says to hold in the reset button for 2 seconds to get the clock flashing?

Tried that, nothing happens?

The reset button does work and resets the tripometer, but no matter how long I hold it the clock doesn't change.

The clock is almost 2 hours fast, and it's bugging me.

It's brand new, so I should just take it back to the dealer I guess, but I'm wondering if there's a different method, maybe I have the wrong manual or something? Perhaps you lovely people know the manual is wrong and what you really do is....?

Second question - a friend is selling a pannier mounting kit, which he claims is for a D Tracker 250, which is the same bike but motard, so the mountings would be the same, right?

But I really don't know where or what the brackets are supposed to actually attach to?

There's no instructions with the kit and I don't have a clue where they would go?

Are they just supposed to go where the silly little toolbox thing goes and that one screw at the side for the plastic side panel? Is that it?

?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member

For the clock...you need to see the odometer, not the trip meters, then hold one of the buttons until the clock flashes, then that button changes it from hours to minutes and the other one changes the minutes or hours.

As to the racks, a picture would be helpful for us to help.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Update - both questions now solved...

I found if you set the "mode" to "Ode" (odometer) rather than Trip A or Trip B, then the clock can indeed be adjusted.

Regarding the pannier rack, I've decided to reject the "universal" thing and have found a purpose-made rack for the KLX on Ebay. Pricey, especially with postage to Malaysia, and I'll probably have to pay tax on the thing too, but looks like it should just bolt straight on.

From the photos it uses the tool bag fittings and both side panel bolts, while curving around the side panel and exhaust.

More money but vastly fewer headaches, hopefully

Old 06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry Maxisprime, didn't see your post!

Yeah, the odometer thing was a pain

Regarding the rack, my friend claimed it was for a D Tracker 250 but bluntly I don't believe it. I think it's just some cheap-*** universal thing, and nothing about it looked like it was designed for the curvy rear end of my baby.

Last edited by Bigs; 06-08-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Classic case of if it looks wrong it probably is wrong... or universal.

As we all know the term universal means "fits nothing right. Fitting, sweating and swearing required possibly with some blood."

Old 06-08-2016, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Indeed, yes.

I already have some bicycle side panniers that will be fine for my picnic adventure riding, once I have something to tie them onto and away from the exhaust...

You can see the ones I bought if you search ebay.com for:

"KLX250S Side Luggage Racks, rear plasic guards, KLX 250 250S"

I'd prefer them to drop down a bit further, to prevent any future bag from swinging in towards the wheel. If they fit OK I imagine it will be easy enough to add bits to them anyway. My main concern is getting something that fits the bike; figuring out how to attach a bag or wotnot will be easy enough when there's something there to work with.

Any experience with that type of rack?

Old 06-08-2016, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

How to reset clock? And pannier bracket mounting?-image.png

This is what I found and followed.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's what it says in the manual - but it doesn't work if the odometer is showing Trip A or Trip B.

You have to cycle through until it is just the plain odometer.

Cheers