Group Buy - Radiator guards from "brian@unabiker.com"

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Group Buy - Radiator guards from "brian@unabiker.com"

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_176..._1/key_/tm.htm

Brian and I talked on the phone today and worked out the details for the Group Buy. I don't have time to post hard numbers for cost (need get shipping expenses) or hard delivery dates so, the following is for general guidance at this time:

Retail cost is $99.95. Group buy pricing with 10 identical non-anodized units will be $75. Shipping, insurance, delivery confirmation, etc. will probably add ~$10. I think I can put these at your door for $85.

I need 10 firm orders so, I'm thinking I will request a small deposit upfront to screen out the tire kickers. Then full payment and I will ship. Since I will have a significant portion of my own money tied up in these, once they come in I won't wait forever to get final payment.

I travel out of town on Thursday so, if I don't get a detailed group buy post tonight you may not hear from me until next Tuesday.

Update:

I do not have firm shipping costs yet (to myself on the bulk order) so, final costs are not exact. I ordered USPS flat rate boxes ( http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm) so, I think they will ship to you for $8.95 plus delivery confirmation $0.65 and optional insurance (if you don't want to pay for insurance, damage risks due to USPS shipping are yours alone). For Alaska and Hawaii, I think the flat rate boxes will work but, that needs to be confirmed. For international shipments, please contact me for shipping options and costs (I won't accept responsibility for any "customs" issues or costs once the package leaves the USA and insurance isn't an option to the best of my knowledge so, other then good packaging on my end the risk of damage during shippingis yours alone).

Brian had a machine in his shop break down so, that will put the manufacture of these guards back by about one calendar week if I or anyone else would order them today. I really don't like Paypal so, I would suggest using USPS money orders as the most secure means of payment to me. If you want to pay me in full upfront on one money order, pay me a "little" over my estimate for total cost and I'll include any overage in the package with your radiator guards.

To get on the group buy list:
[ul][*]Reply to this thread and state whether you will only accept the Black Anodized guards, prefer the anodized guards but will accept the cheaper bare aluminum guards if we don't meet the quantity required, or whether you want the cheaper unanodized guards.[*]Send your real name and shipping address to me via a personal message and I will reply with the same.[*]Send either $90 with the overage to be refunded for payment in full or, a $10 deposit to get the order placed. Anodized guards will be $15 more assuming we meet the order quantity (assuming no separate shipping costs)[/ul]
General terms:
[ul][*]I will only ship on Saturday and only if I am in town (I occasionally travel so, I may be offline and away for a week on short notice)[*]I will not cash your USPS money orders until I have your radiator guards in a shipping box addressed to you[*]If I do not receive the radiator guards within four weeks from placing the order I will return the USPS money orders you sent me[*]I will place the order within one calender week of closing the group buy or I willreturn the USPS money orders[*]If you paid the $10 deposit but do not pay the balance within two weeks (the USPS money order must be in my hands) of receiving the guards, I'll keep the $10 and sell the guards to someone else.[*]I will only use Paypal on an exception basis with the added fees Paypal will charge me[*]International group buys will be worked on a case by case basis through personal messages[/ul]
General thoughts:
[ul][*]I want this to be transparent to everyone so, order status and updates will be posted here in this thread[*]I want to use USPS money orders for payment so we BOTH are protected from fraud.[*] You can see if the money order has been cashed[*] You can can use the postal inspectors in addition to local law enforcement if you think you have been defrauded[*] I don't have to worry about bad checks, fraudulent money orders, etc and don't have to support Paypal to get reimbursed on the guards[*]Please be patient and realize I have no profit in this group buy so, my job which pays the bills will take priority if it must[*]Keep in mind, everything must be done through personal messages on this site so, forum administrators can step in see what has been sent and replied to if things go bad for some reason[/ul]

If the guidelines above seem to have left something out or if something is vague or unclear, let me know and I will update it. The group buy is open as of now and will run for two weeks, closing on Sunday. I will only extend the group buy if I don't have 10 orders (and close enough to think I will make 10) or have enough new orders to extend it by one week. PM's on this site are the only valid means for contacting me individually (my home computer and email have been down recently so, confidence is low there) and I will post general interest updates in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order status as of October 5th:

10 down and0 to go.
[ol][*]Sid Post [*]redbrd - bare aluminum pending shipping costs to Canada (~$19 Global Priority estimate)[*]mudjunkie - bare aluminum pending shipping costs to Canada (~$19 Global Priority estimate)[*]HawaiiRider - Black Anodized due to proximity to the ocean[*]Fireroad- Black Anodized[*]BOSTONATV - either bare aluminum or anodized[*]Silver_Otter - Black Anodized[*]QuiteThumper - Gold Anodized (need to verify that color is available and will ship with the Black ones)[*]stellar_d - Black Anodized[*]stellar_d's brother - Black Anodized[/ol]

Old 09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Group Buy - Radiator guards from "brian@unibiker.com"

I definately want in..where doI get a USPS money order?

I will take a bare aluminum set..

I am in NS, Canada so I really don't know if they'll make it or not, but am willing to give it a shot.

Question: If thereare only a few of us outside the US that want these, are we still able to get them at the group rate?

Old 09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I might have missed it.....do you have a pic of the proposed guards......my riding buds are ex mx'ers and tend to roost me given a chance.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Mudjunkie, USPS is the United States Postal Service, don't think they got those in Canada
Might need to PM Sid to figure out an alternative or maybe you can order one online.

Finger, check out unabiker.com, the guards are unreal, pretty much the best styling and protection out there.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

I might have missed it.....do you have a pic of the proposed guards......my riding buds are ex mx'ers and tend to roost me given a chance.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_176..._1/key_/tm.htm

I think the KLX-250S guards are on Page 4. They look very nice and very stout.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

I definately want in..where doI get a USPS money order?

I will take a bare aluminum set..

I am in NS, Canada so I really don't know if they'll make it or not, but am willing to give it a shot.

Question: If thereare only a few of us outside the US that want these, are we still able to get them at the group rate?
Please PM me so, orders don't get lost when or if this thread gets too long.

All International orders need to be in US Funds. I think the Canadian Post Office hasa Pink Money order which is in US dollars. Also, it appears the firstpending orders are from Canada so, it might be worthwhile to talk among yourselves to see if group shipping to one place might save some shipping costs and make it easier if one person has easier access to US Funds than someone else whois farther out in the boonies.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 AM

PMed

Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.unabiker.com/mm5/merchant...tegory_Code=k5

This link should take you directly to the Unabiker page with the Radiator Guards we will get in the group buy.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

BTW, thanks for putting a group buy together...with this group that's no small task!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Im in pm sent

Quick Reply: Group Buy - Radiator guards from "brian@unabiker.com"