Good bye little green machine. I will miss you

Old 07-18-2015, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Good bye little green machine. I will miss you

Sad Day,
I just sold my 2007 KLX250S. I learned to ride and wrench on it. I added many improvements: skid plate, 300 Exhaust and intake, DJ Jetting, seat concept saddle, Utah Skid plate, Acerbis gas tank, Dirt Bagz, and a custom tail rack and more.

She took me from a cager to a biker. I had many a good adventure with her and only a couple of trips to Urgent Care (skill problems). Learning at my age can be painful. I want to thank this web site for all the good advise and help it has provided. I will tell the new owner to visit this site and become part of the family. She was such a good friend I would not disrespect this group with you should of... or could of, comments.

If it weren’t for my new to me plated 2006 DRZ400E I would be really depressed. More horsepower and 30 lbs lighter, but I miss that 6th gear! As is, I am meeting friends tomorrow to ride the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico tomorrow to explore the Dome Road.

I am now officially a Deezer Geezer,
Thanks again to all,
Bill aka CaptCapsize

The nickname is from my sailing days, but still seems appropriate at my skill level in Dual Sport riding.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Adios. Have fun on the new ride.

Be sure to stop by once in awhile.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Keep the mast up, or the rubber side down.
Either way, enjoy the new ride.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 30 lbs Lighter ?

Originally Posted by CaptCapsize
Sad Day,
I just sold my 2007 KLX250S. I learned to ride and wrench on it. I added many improvements: skid plate, 300 Exhaust and intake, DJ Jetting, seat concept saddle, Utah Skid plate, Acerbis gas tank, Dirt Bagz, and a custom tail rack and more.

She took me from a cager to a biker. I had many a good adventure with her and only a couple of trips to Urgent Care (skill problems). Learning at my age can be painful. I want to thank this web site for all the good advise and help it has provided. I will tell the new owner to visit this site and become part of the family. She was such a good friend I would not disrespect this group with you should of... or could of, comments.

If it weren’t for my new to me plated 2006 DRZ400E I would be really depressed. More horsepower and 30 lbs lighter, but I miss that 6th gear! As is, I am meeting friends tomorrow to ride the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico tomorrow to explore the Dome Road.

I am now officially a Deezer Geezer,
Thanks again to all,
Bill aka CaptCapsize

The nickname is from my sailing days, but still seems appropriate at my skill level in Dual Sport riding.
You mentioned the DRZ was plated and 30lbs. lighter. How can that be? Turn signals, headlight, battery, etc. add up.

I had my buddy's DRZ400E for a few months, which was also converted to street legal. It was way heavier than my KLX250.

It did have lots of power, though!

The slacker head angle of the DRZ made it a little less agile in the woods too.

Good luck with yours.