Galfer Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I had to put Galfer SS lines on my ABS V-Strom when I went to higher bars. I could not detect any difference from the rubber OEM lines.

But that's just me...I have not been able to tell much difference between brake pads, tires, shocks, fork springs, fork braces or anything else when others claim to feel a night-and-day difference.

I guess I'm just an insensitive brute. Or my riding so lacks nuance that anything will do.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Just installed 'em

Today I installed Galfer semi-metallic pads and ss front brake hose on my SF.
It is MUCH easier to lift my back tire and I must be careful not to over-brake and relearn front brake modulation. Feels like I went from manual to power brakes.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snappster
It is MUCH easier to lift my back tire and I must be careful not to over-brake and relearn front brake modulation. Feels like I went from manual to power brakes.
Nice, where did you get that stuff from? I'd like to do just the brake line but if its a kit then why the hell not...

Also, is that brake line any longer than factory?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Email I got from Galfer

Regarding your 2009 KLX 250 SF; (stock length hose)

We do have specs on file for both front and rear lines. Lines are built to order in any of the attached colors in 2-3 days plus shipping time from our facility in Southern CA. Standard fittings are silver and colored fittings are extra. Part numbers and pricing are as follows.

Front line (silver fittings) D722-1 $59.00 (+$10 colored fittings)
Rear line (silver fittings) D649R $47.00 (+$10 colored fittings)

In addition to lines, we also offer pads for your bike. Below, I have included a brief explanation of the different compounds we offer for the brake pads;
The 1054 is a semi-metallic material (organic,) this is a great all around pad and is considered the next step up from most OEM pads.
Front Pads FD086G1054 $31.25, In Stock
Rear Pads FD093G1054 $31.25, In Stock

The 1390 series is a HH graded sintered ceramic material; this would be an upgrade to the 1054 pad. This pad is ideal for a more aggressive rider, since it can withstand higher temperatures than the previous.
Front Pads FD086G1397 $36.25, In Stock
Rear Pads FD093G1396 $34.03, In Stock

The Kevlar, 1532 compound is more of a preference pad. Since this is a softer material it tends to be a more rotor friendly pad, but won’t last as long as some of the other compounds. This compound can withstand higher temperatures and is also recommended for all weather riders.
Front Pads FD086G1532 $39.58, In Stock
Rear Pads FD093G1532 $39.58, In Stock

If you’re interested in purchasing any of the above mentioned product, you may do so by contacting Alex in our Sales Department at alex@galferusa.com or by phone at 1-800-685-6633. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

Last edited by snappster; 05-18-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Galfer

Originally Posted by snappster
What do you mean by lifting the back tire? Good or bad? My rear brake takes some pressure to push before it will grip.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLX25O
What do you mean by lifting the back tire? Good or bad? My rear brake takes some pressure to push before it will grip.

This guy's stoppie in the vid is good. Mine are little babies in comparison.
A stoppie is a reverse wheelie using the front brake in a negative acceleration stunt in which the rear tire leaves the pavement.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Never did get the Galfer brake line kit,

I did however order the front brake line today. the brand is Spiegler. Slightly more expensive than a Galfer brake line, and by the ad that I bought it from will fit KLX250s from 2009 and up.

Going to order the stainless steel rear brake line also.

from everything I've read on the net, having stainless steel brake lines, are really a nice upgrade to braking power, as they do not compress like plastic lines do when applying hydraulic pressure when pressing the brakes.

I may make a video,

I have a mighty vac brake bleeding kit, I highly recommend them, makes bleeding brakes on automobiles 10 times easier, and should make bleeding the calipers on this bike a breeze.

will update with results sometime. maybe even with a link to a video.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Has anyone ever had Galfer dissect their front brake line from a 06/07 & use the block from the old line that connects to the hard line to build a new stainless line?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Got the front brake

Got the front brake line today. I ordered it with the option of a gold fitting. The banjo washer hardware and washers are the same gold color. Wanted to, but cant install or upload photos yet. The kit included detailed instructions and photos and well wrote illustrations.

When I get the time again, I'll try to upload some photos.

Going to be a while before I can make a video showing the install of the front and rear line , using my mighty vac brake line bleeder.

Still waiting on the rear brake line.

and have to stop my the 'motorcycle shop and get some bike specific brake fluid.

Last edited by KLX25O; 06-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLX25O
Here is a photo.

Where?

Quick Reply: Galfer Brakes