FS: 09 klx250s

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default FS: 09 klx250s

Any takers at $1500. Will not ship. Sorry. This is a steal.

Or how about parting it out? Seems to be more valuable in pieces. What do you need?

Like new engine?
New sf wheels with less then 100 mi. On them?
Like new forks?

It is an 09' and I just put NEW SF wheels and tires on it that I traded another member here for the factory S wheels a couple month ago. Less then 100 mi. On them. Less then 2000 mi. On bike. Title says 1500 mi. I bought the bike used this past June and have just rode around my house. It has rebuilt title. I guess the original owner layed it down and broke the digital gauge cluster, rear signals, mirrors, and bent the shifter lever into the neutral saftey switch causing it to drip oil. so the insu. Company totaled it due to the cost of the factory gauge assembly. There are a couple scuffs here and there, and the neutral saftey switch has a verry slow oil drip when sitting. It does not keep the bike from starting, but should be replaced.

I have cut the rear side covers and long ugly rear fender because I didn't like the look of them, and removed the headlight shroud. Other then that the bike runs and rides like a dream.

Last edited by Billyboyr6; 09-28-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Huge price drop. Needs to go ASAP.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Bump to top. Any takers at $1500

Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn, if I was close you'd have a sale. Great price. Good luck.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Rebuilt title is a killer.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Rebuilt title on a bike wouldn't scare me. Car is a different story though..

I'm sure my bike would get a rebuilt title if I made an insurance claim on it. It looks like it's been through four world wars.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^ Bump up...great parts bike

Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Rebuilt title on a bike wouldn't scare me. Car is a different story though..

I'm sure my bike would get a rebuilt title if I made an insurance claim on it. It looks like it's been through four world wars.
I agree. I've had cars with rebuilt titles too and no problems. But this klx never suffered any frame or engine damage. It was all cosmetic. But that word "REBUILT" just makes some quiver. It is what it is, and I'm sure someone will see through the title issue and realize that they are getting a $3000 used bike for half price because of a stupid word on the title.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Billyboyr6
I agree. I've had cars with rebuilt titles too and no problems. But this klx never suffered any frame or engine damage. It was all cosmetic. But that word "REBUILT" just makes some quiver. It is what it is, and I'm sure someone will see through the title issue and realize that they are getting a $3000 used bike for half price because of a stupid word on the title.
Not trying to be a jack@$$ but this bike is far from a $3000 bike like you say...

*Rebuilt title
*Oil leak
*"Scuffed up"
*cut the rear side covers
*cut rear fender
*missing front headlight shroud
*Anything else???????

You can say what you want as to why it has a rebuilt title but nobody really knows the truth and is taking a big gamble on this bike.
I paid $3000 for my used 2009............
186 miles, brand new showroom stock condition, zero mods, zero scratches, and a solid title.

For $1500 it's probably a good deal as long as they buyer knows what he's getting into, but it's no $3000 bike IMHO.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buerkltucson
Not trying to be a jack@$$ but this bike is far from a $3000 bike like you say...

*Rebuilt title
*Oil leak
*"Scuffed up"
*cut the rear side covers
*cut rear fender
*missing front headlight shroud
*Anything else???????

You can say what you want as to why it has a rebuilt title but nobody really knows the truth and is taking a big gamble on this bike.
I paid $3000 for my used 2009............
186 miles, brand new showroom stock condition, zero mods, zero scratches, and a solid title.

For $1500 it's probably a good deal as long as they buyer knows what he's getting into, but it's no $3000 bike IMHO.
I ment by saying a $3000 bike, that if I didn't tell you it had a rebuilt title, you would not know until you read it yourself. And by you saying that you paid $3000 for yours used, just proves my point that these bikes used go for around $3000.

A broken frame is a gamble, a busted engine, is a gamble. A bike that starts within 3 revolutions of crank, rides as straight as an arrow, and shows no major damage but needs a little TLC, that's no gamble to me. And if the title did not say rebuilt on it, this bike would sell for $3000 + in it's current condition. I have seen newer street bikes in lesser condition.