Front Wheel Removal Not Going Well

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well first of all, glad you got the wheel off. Second you will always find a wealth of knowledge here on this site.....some of it even helpful. Third, get your butt over to the new members page and post up a proper introduction mister. Otherwise you might get missed on the larger picture. See you over there. I'm now even making it easier with an included link to the right thread area. see you over there, oh and welcome to the forums.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...isplay.php?f=5

Don't do the questionnaire, just post a new thread in that section. We don't need to know what your favorite movie is or what you like to drink. This isn't The Dating Game.....suddenly deej realizes that by using the reference to the show the Dating Game he just gave away the fact that he's old.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks. Just posted a new thread in the New Member Area.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

adv....even though I recommended not using an Impact on your tire....I would definitely recommend one for first time removal of the counter sprocket. Some are really tough, others say not so much......mine was Forrest Gump Shrimping Tough...Before the Hurricane tough.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Default kickin a dead horse by now but...

My impact wrench is my best friend for removing nuts & bolts, but my torque wrench is my installing tool. That should keep you safe from overtightened situations on the trail repairs.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Second you will always find a wealth of knowledge here on this site.....some of it even helpful.
Like telling em to go over to the newb section and post a thread....where is the newb section? and whom posts there? well besides newbs, and whom looks there for new posts?

Careful listening to deej's advice....ya may start a thread and answer it yourself, with no outside involvement. Just F'n with ya deej.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

As for the gearing question rather than letting the pwi's get off track I'm running a 13T up front with a stock rear and it's fine for trails and some decent hills. If you're going to be continuously riding steep hills maybe go up a tooth or two in the rear.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nixlux
As for the gearing question rather than letting the pwi's get off track

Actually I find gearing so subjective I hardly will hardly post an opine .... but you drew me out with live bait.

When I was stock, I started with the standard 13:42.....got a 300 bore and switched to 14:49....I liked that in sugar sand with that power ratio..that was sweet......but it sucked on asphalt at high speed.

Soo I tried, 14:45 that seems like the best compromise gearing in my humble and dumb azzz opinion.

btw 13:42 is about the same as 14:45.

Some run 13:45 and others even higher....all depends on what ya want. personally anything less than 14:45 or 13:42 makes first worthless and makes the bike a five speed....sure I'll hear crap about that...but its true.

btw....14;45 KICKS ****.....WITH A 351

Old 07-23-2009, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll say negative on that....always change your tires and rims by hand. That way ya can allways do it out on the road.

yeah my bad. WTF was I thinking?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Actually I find gearing so subjective I hardly will hardly post an opine .... but you drew me out with live bait.

When I was stock, I started with the standard 13:42.....got a 300 bore and switched to 14:49....I liked that in sugar sand with that power ratio..that was sweet......but it sucked on asphalt at high speed.

Soo I tried, 14:45 that seems like the best compromise gearing in my humble and dumb azzz opinion.

btw 13:42 is about the same as 14:45.

Some run 13:45 and others even higher....all depends on what ya want. personally anything less than 14:45 or 13:42 makes first worthless and makes the bike a five speed....sure I'll hear crap about that...but its true.

btw....14;45 KICKS ****.....WITH A 351
hahaha touche`

Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Default speedo removal

I took out the screw but cable would not twist or pull out?

Quick Reply: Front Wheel Removal Not Going Well