Front Stainless Steel Brake Line for a 2007 KLX250S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Front Stainless Steel Brake Line for a 2007 KLX250S?

Does anybody know exactly which other braided brake lines will work for the KLX, aside from Bill Blue's lines?

I'd buy my line from Bill Blue, but I'm in a huge rush and the line would most likely be held in customs for a month or two.

I've heard that a KLX300 line will work, but I don't know for sure whether or not they would work with my year.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it! Id love to get her back Offroad.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
Does anybody know exactly which other braided brake lines will work for the KLX, aside from Bill Blue's lines?

I'd buy my line from Bill Blue, but I'm in a huge rush and the line would most likely be held in customs for a month or two.

I've heard that a KLX300 line will work, but I don't know for sure whether or not they would work with my year.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it! Id love to get her back Offroad.
"would most likely be held in customs for a month or two."
I've never had anything held in customs for more than a few days, and I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from the US, and from China (ebay)?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgmr250
"would most likely be held in customs for a month or two."
I've never had anything held in customs for more than a few days, and I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from the US, and from China (ebay)?
I've had stuff held for over a month before. I forget what it was, but they opened it and adjusted the declared value by a whopping 10 dollars and adjusted the duty accordingly.

It's never happened since I stopped buying **** off eBay though. Buying through vendors who ship through USPS (to me in Canada) has been essentially painless and foolproof. Canada post even will take over tracking the parcel once it crosses the border.

I'd be surprised if something from BB got held up at all.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

BB was the one who told me he's had stuff held up in customs! If it wasn't an integral component I might take a gamble, but we don't get many summer months in Canada

Old 05-28-2015, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Try Galfer. I think WestOzKLX did his 07 that way. Now that I think of it his father sent him some. His posts were several years ago. Later

Old 05-28-2015, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm working on a way to fix the 09+ Galfer front line to the 06/07. So far I've got the lines, the UFO guards, a Zeta brake line clamp, a line guide from the 09, and some plastic epoxy. I plan to try it in the next week or so, I'll make sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:14 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdventuresinRealLife
I'm working on a way to fix the 09+ Galfer front line to the 06/07. So far I've got the lines, the UFO guards, a Zeta brake line clamp, a line guide from the 09, and some plastic epoxy. I plan to try it in the next week or so, I'll make sure to let everyone know how it goes.
Is there a length difference between the '06/'07 model and '09 and later?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member

On the '06-'07 model the hose attached to a steel line that runs directly under the left fork before attaching to the caliper. The fitting on the lower end of '06-'07 hose is completely different from the later models.

The '09 and later attach directly to the caliper via banjo fitting. The hose does not run under the fork, but around the side closest to the wheel.

Length is the least of his worries, though the '06-'07 fork is substantially longer than a '09 and later too.

Last edited by Oldad; 05-28-2015 at 07:02 PM. Reason: stupidity, poor spelling
Old 05-29-2015, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I actually found a local place that makes lines.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I was going to say there was a place in Scarsborough or something like that in Canada, selling on ebay - Rennsport I bought lines from them, but don't know if they could do up a line for your bike.

The 06-07 KLX250 had the same front fork set up as the KLX650 from 93-96. There is a mod that the KLX650 guys use called the CR wrap, where they dump the steel line under the axle, taking the hose down the fork then wrapping behind the leg down to the caliper. Here is the diagram one of the guys set up in the Yahoo KLX650 group. Get a line made like this.

Last edited by klx678; 03-02-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Front Stainless Steel Brake Line for a 2007 KLX250S?