Front Fender for 2006 KLX250s??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Front Fender for 2006 KLX250s??

I know this isn't the hottest bike out there so the threads are a bit old and some of the info is out of date...I did try searching. I just want a nicer looking fender to replace my stock one because it looks dated and flops around. What's a good cost effective one that fits - seems like I should be able to fit some aftermarket ones for a KX...just need the compatible years or any other helpful info...

Thanks-

Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Narfle
I know this isn't the hottest bike out there so the threads are a bit old and some of the info is out of date...I did try searching. I just want a nicer looking fender to replace my stock one because it looks dated and flops around. What's a good cost effective one that fits - seems like I should be able to fit some aftermarket ones for a KX...just need the compatible years or any other helpful info...

Thanks-
You can find plenty of designs! Top brands UFO(ITALY) and Polisport(UK). Search for *universal dual sport front fender* and all u have do is drill in place. I purchased a UFO universal front fender all I had to do was drill the plastic after matching up with the triple tree mounts placements.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

FYI, Polisport tend to get brittle and crack or break easy when cold. Had no issues with UFO plastics, and prefer them. Maybe something to keep in mind if your in a colder climate area during the Winter. Not sure about Acerbis, but haven't heard anything.

Last edited by Werloc; 09-08-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:44 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werloc
FYI, Polisport tend to get brittle and crack or break easy when cold. Had no issues with UFO plastics, and prefer them. Maybe something to keep in mind if your in a colder climate area during the Winter. Not sure about Acerbis, but haven't heard anything.
I have an Acerbis enduro fender on mine after years of the original OEM fender on an '06. It's probably been on there for 3 years now and still looks new. Acerbis plastics are good quality. There are some decent choices in different brands and models, and sometimes it just comes down to a shape/design you like.

I'll also second UFO plastics for durability.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I have an Acerbis enduro fender on mine after years of the original OEM fender on an '06. It's probably been on there for 3 years now and still looks new. Acerbis plastics are good quality. There are some decent choices in different brands and models, and sometimes it just comes down to a shape/design you like.

I'll also second UFO plastics for durability.
Yeah, like I said, I didn't hear anything about Acerbis plastics. The only Acerbis plastic item I've owned were handguards which held up very well. I know their products are top notch. Oh yeah, I did have Acerbis plastic front brake covers back in the 80's on my race bikes. But I don't remember details that far back....LOL The cheaper quality plastics do fade and chaulk quicker than the others, but thats a simple, easy fix.