Front brake lever for 2006 klx 250s

Old 10-23-2015, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Front brake lever for 2006 klx 250s

anybody know a good place to buy this? Kawasaki is too expensive, rocky mtn atv/mc doesn't have one that fits this bike.

any help would be great!

Old 10-24-2015, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't have one but $17.31 is too expensive, Really?

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...9124#sch435590

Old 10-24-2015, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

cheapest one I saw on ebay was a bit over $12... for five bucks I'd buy one at a dealer for $17. Unless you support local dealers they disappear.

Enough disappear no place to get stuff locally fast or get help if out on the road. Amazon and ebay can't answer your questions or provide any help. A good friendly shop with a good service department manager can.

I know. I used to work in a dealership like that. We gave out a whole lot of information and advice when I was working there. Those are the shops owned by motorcyclists that happen to be business oriented as opposed to the ones owned by business people out for max bucks. It isn't hard to figure out which is which when you need some help. Patronize the good guys.

By the way, I bought all my helmets from a dealership at or below on-line prices. I simply told them what I wanted and what I was willing to pay. They found what I wanted. If there was any issue they could deal with it too, no return numbers or anything. I did tires that way too, they were able to do what I wanted or darn close.

Give them a chance if you can. I do some on-line stuff too, but as much as possible with a dealer.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Brake lever

Ok Guys
I was just trying to be a cheap ***, I will buy at dealer. thanks for the help.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default klx

dealer actually had a front brake lever in stock....$9.95 what a deal, who wood have known?

Old 10-25-2015, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fenderworks2
dealer actually had a front brake lever in stock....$9.95 what a deal, who wood have known?
Always best to ask what they can do for you first They might surprise you.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

If they're a good dealer, give them a chance with anything possible. Tell them what you want and what you'll pay for apparel or helmets after you figure what you want.

I would try on helmets at shows and when I found what I wanted when I needed one I went to the shop where I buy my stuff and told them what I wanted and what I'd pay, asking them to look for one - gives time for them to find a clearance or special and possibly get it shipped in with an order cutting the shipping, which they seldom charged me. I wanted a helmet that was selling on line for $199, told them I'd pay $220 for it. When they got done looking it cost me $189!

I do buy some stuff on line, like the low buck bark busters on ebay. I know the shop can't compete with the direct chinese cheapie, but I get my sprockets and chain from them and they're close enough I don't even bother trying to cut them.

It's about keeping a place you might like, in business to be there for you when you do need something you can't get on line or some advice you may need. Not saying only buy from them, but give a chance.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Must be nice to have good local dealers. My local kawaski dealer I wouldn't buy a valve stem caonfrom them.the Honda dealer I use is a great group of awesome guys. Big reason my last 4 ATV purchases have been a Honda.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

The original dealer I worked with was my former employer, they were great from day one on, even after I left. Then he sold out and it went okay for a while until they closed up. Now I work with another dealer I knew was good from back in the day. They're about 40 miles away, but it's worth it. Most of the time I just have them ship the parts, several dollars is a deal compared to driving over.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

For what it's worth, I would probably keep a spare clutch level and brake lever in the tool box. Option 2 is to get a set of bark busters. Tusk makes a nice set for pretty cheap (compared to the name brands). They take quite a beating. I haven't had to replace a level in a full year now, and I used to keep two of each in my tool box, if that tells you anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front brake lever for 2006 klx 250s