Foot pegs

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 07:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I don't know

Originally Posted by zomby woof
So the pegs I've been using don't fit ?

? I get what your saying, but IMS pegs are bike specific, according to the sales rep.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Holy crap! The Rally pegs are $199.00!
Guess, I'm down with some Bigfoot pegs...
Wish I could get both...I'd put the Rally pegs on my KLX650R.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default pegs

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Holy crap! The Rally pegs are $199.00!
Guess, I'm down with some Bigfoot pegs...
Wish I could get both...I'd put the Rally pegs on my KLX650R.

You can.....two months is a long time. By that time you could have all of the IMS products line.

Every peg you ever dreamed of.

haha.

For a high quality piece of CNC laser cut , mirror finished ,polished steel

I'd pay that price.

I like the idea of the rally pegs,

but not the price.

BIGFOOT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

on a positive note,

the BIGFOOT pegs, (that have just been released)

Have been well received by many riders and are starting to a gain a cult following, for there design and comfort.

Last edited by KLX25O; 07-15-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I just took a look at a neighbour's 1st generation '98 KLR650. The foot pegs will not interchange with my '09 KLX.
KLX mount is male, peg is female. His bike's setup is opposite: mount is female, peg is male.

Last edited by ol'klx-er; 07-17-2015 at 01:31 AM. Reason: add "650"
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default bigfoot is coming

Sometime this September around the 11th IMS is suppose to email me about the Bigfoot peg that they are going to make a batch of.

the first BIGFOOT foot peg for the KLX250s!

I cant wait.........

Old 08-23-2015, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

From a functionality standpoint I cannot see how an IMS peg would perform better than the $15.63 foot pegs from D2 Moto

I have had them on my KLX for some time, they've taken some hard hits, they are a lot better than the stock pegs. I really can't imagine a better foot peg. Plus they're cheap. For a part of the bike that is just going to get smashed up, I don't see why you'd pay more.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default just foot pegs

Originally Posted by taxonomy
From a functionality standpoint I cannot see how an IMS peg would perform better than the $15.63 foot pegs from D2 Moto

I have had them on my KLX for some time, they've taken some hard hits, they are a lot better than the stock pegs. I really can't imagine a better foot peg. Plus they're cheap. For a part of the bike that is just going to get smashed up, I don't see why you'd pay more.
to some they're just foot pegs.

Me personally, its just for looks.

I'll show you why, when and if they get here.

I use this as a commuter bike, and any money I save in fuel over the summer, I just put on the bike,

the only changes I've made so far are.

tires, s.s brake lines, new brake fluid, radiator coolant change, signal dynamics headlight modulator, signal dynamics led license plate frame, happy trails w.o.w led brake light. pmr rack,

I think the footpegs are last thing I'll change, sometimes riding for a long time, the stock foot pegs just seem to small, and uncomfortable.

Last edited by KLX25O; 08-23-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
I just took a look at a neighbour's 1st generation '98 KLR650. The foot pegs will not interchange with my '09 KLX.
KLX mount is male, peg is female. His bike's setup is opposite: mount is female, peg is male.
Ah, but the KLX650 and KLX250 are interchangeable.

As for pegs, I think some of the good quality ones are built up from rolled steel as opposed to cast steel. IMS is machined from billet steel and should have some malleability. Cast steel can crack and break, at times catastrophic - aka while you may be standing on the peg, the rolled steel could break, but is FAAAARRRR more likely to bend.

I have to say I put a set of the cheap pegs on my 250 and have a set for the 650. I think I may opt for the built up steel pegs, maybe do my own, for the 250 and off road use sometime. I wear MX boots off road so I'm not extremely concerned about the failure, but I will say if I ever get off and hit the peg hard I will be looking at it for bending and fractures... I'm talking myself into a better set of pegs as I go on here...

The wider peg is just plain nicer both on the road and off. I wouldn't believe it a few years ago, but for $20 on a cheap set I learned different.

Last edited by klx678; 08-23-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

My D2 Moto Pegs, that cost less than $20 have taken plenty of hard hits. They're fine. They're much winder and longer than stock. They're perfect for me.

I really don't think pegs are all that mission critical. It's not like an engine component where failure will lunch the motor and it's not like a valve buried deep inside a fork, where failure will require a costly and time consuming rebuild. There's just no reason to use a "higher quality" product that may or may not have less weakness then the cheap product.

If a peg were to fail drastically I could still get out of the woods, and replacement would take minutes instead of hours. Since I still have my stock pegs the bike could be rideable almost as soon as I got home.

I'd rather spend that money on almost anything else, you could get better bars, hand guards, or put money towards a BB kit. You could buy your wife flowers and earn more time out riding. For me this is where the smart money is!

Last edited by taxonomy; 08-25-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by taxonomy
You could buy your wife flowers and earn more time out riding. For me this is where the smart money is!
Now, there's an idea. Wish I'd thought of that. I'm stealing your idea.

Quick Reply: Foot pegs