It feels good to be done

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default It feels good to be done

I got my KLX exactly where i want it and it feels good not to "Want" anything else. Now i can ride and have no excuses, lol. Runs like a scalded dog, even with me 6' 240lbs.
122 main jet, 2 shims, DG slipon, K@N, kdx200 snorkle cut off at the lid, HID conversion, LED markers, Seat concepts wide seat, rear rack and trunk, 13 tooth, Gorilla 8017 Paging alarm, Xena xx6, tank bag, loud horn, Scorpion Skid plate.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

That ''not wanting'' may be temporary as I'll be doing a dyno test of the MegaBomb soon.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
That ''not wanting'' may be temporary as I'll be doing a dyno test of the MegaBomb soon.
Not really, its fast enough for what i do and I'm sure that megabomb was a lot more than the DG. I wouldnt pay 3-4 hundred bucks for a pipe no matter what the dyno says. And if i want to go faster, I'll get on my vtx1800

Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Or the big bore kit..and pumper carb...............and 101 cams...

Old 03-08-2014, 03:44 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Pfffft!...no such thing as "done"...LOL!

I thought the same thing until tempted by the 36mm pumper carb.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

That TM36-68 should be dyno tested.. I bet it adds significant hp along with throttle response over the CV..

Old 03-08-2014, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
That TM36-68 should be dyno tested.. I bet it adds significant hp along with throttle response over the CV..
I bet it doesn't add significant hp.

But I bet it does add response.

two nickles and a dime

Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Before i would go to the extent of a pumper, big bore ect, i would just go out and buy a bigger bike, that's not why i bought the KLX. Its a great little bike that's a blast to ride and i don't want to modify the stock engine internals and have potential problems. I tested a drz400 before i bought the klx and preferred the klx. Any mod i did on my klx i would have done on any bike i would have bought.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Everyone says that....but if you go on advrider there's a guy that has like 60k miles on the big bore kit and 115k+ miles on the bike. Potential problems only arise through error in installation

And the only reason people decide not to buy a bigger bike is they like the reliability and easy of maintenance, and more importantly weight. A klx351 is faster than a drz400 (without crazy mods) merely due to the power to weight ratio. And if you want light weight AND powerful, ktms huskys and husabergs are expensive options

Not arguing against you, just giving reason for me personally why I didn't just go out and buy a bigger bike.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Everyone says that....but if you go on advrider there's a guy that has like 60k miles on the big bore kit and 115k+ miles on the bike. Potential problems only arise through error in installation

And the only reason people decide not to buy a bigger bike is they like the reliability and easy of maintenance, and more importantly weight. A klx351 is faster than a drz400 (without crazy mods) merely due to the power to weight ratio. And if you want light weight AND powerful, ktms huskys and husabergs are expensive options

Not arguing against you, just giving reason for me personally why I didn't just go out and buy a bigger bike.
makes sense, Ill keep it this way for the foreseeable future and who knows, but for now i am happy with what i have and it goes fast enough for me. I don't plan on going for long rides on a 250, if i want to take it somewhere I'll load it on my hitch hauler and drive there. The thing that also rings in the back of my head is getting too much invested in a bike you will never get the money out of if you ever decide to sell. But i see your point, a klx351 would be more of a screamer.

Quick Reply: It feels good to be done