Ebay Chinese PowerBomb Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

FYI for every 3db the human ear perceives as twice as loud. So 90db sounds twice as loud as 87db.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I need to get myself one of these

Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Make sure you have your header tightened in as 'up' a position as you can; away from that oil line that's going into the oil filter area behind the bomb section. In the photo it looks like your header is very close to the oil line, and you'll just be super heating your oil if it is.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Richard Avatar
Make sure you have your header tightened in as 'up' a position as you can; away from that oil line that's going into the oil filter area behind the bomb section. In the photo it looks like your header is very close to the oil line, and you'll just be super heating your oil if it is.
yes its super close
but its the dg exhausts fault
I had this same problem with the stock header and dg too

I tried all I could to avoid getting as close as I could, but it wouldnt happen
as once I tighten up everything it slowly creeps back down, and I dont want to risk breaking the exhaust header studs trying to force it up

I think I have just enough gap for air
but I do have a roll of metallic header tape, or heat tape for items near headers not exactly sure what its called
was thinking of putting that on the oil line, maybe to reflect away some heat?

Old 10-30-2014, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

On my totally stock exhaust the header is very close to that oil line as well. I haven't gone in there with a mirror but I'd guess it's only 1 or 2 mm.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Even some sort of small metal heat barrier much like a heat shield on your header would deflect much of the radiant heat

Old 10-31-2014, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Klxster;515675]Outstanding post.. Setting the viewer to 720p and going full screen is the way to go with your video.. Wish I'd known that cheap header would work with my DG slip-on before I went out and spent $500+ on a full FMF system.. What do you have in that exhaust now, about $270 ?

I have a full FMF Mega Bomb and Slip on. Quality is crap!! I have repacked it, the decals on the slip on have fallen off and the header stainless steel rusts terribly. I have to remove the header every month and clean and polish.
So Kudos to the Chinese if they can do a system at half the price. The quality cannot be any worse than the FMF trash.
After less than 2 years I need a new shiny system!!

Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

so check this out
decided to try no silencer tip, just because I might as well get a sound reading with it and I wanted to hear how it sounds
which is awesome BTW

super bass, really good
from my old drz400s I had a fmf on it, never sounded like this bike does

I do have quite a bit of popping on deceleration which on other bikes I would upjet the pilot jet
But I dont have any, at least I dont think so with my dyno jet kit
I will have to look
Gets pretty poppy when I let off the throttle, louder now with no silencer

Anyways strange thing, did the same sound test, cold start just like the other videos
But its reading basically the same level as ALL STOCK some areas I test could bounce couple db higher
But you average it and its basically the same

Now maybe my ipad cant pick up bass as well, who knows
only real way to test it would be with whatever the police use for the official test
Curious to see what it really puts out

Here is a video, I kept the stock exhaust as my reference, and added in the newest change

I think im keeping it like this, love the sound now wont be using the silencer
I think this bomb header may have taken away just enough loudness so I dont need to use the silencer and get more flow out of this

Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgower

I have a full FMF Mega Bomb and Slip on. Quality is crap!! I have repacked it, the decals on the slip on have fallen off and the header stainless steel rusts terribly. I have to remove the header every month and clean and polish.
So Kudos to the Chinese if they can do a system at half the price. The quality cannot be any worse than the FMF trash.
After less than 2 years I need a new shiny system!!
Probably not easy for you to do, but if the head pipe works well have it blasted clean, prepped and ceramic coated. The stuff is great, no more rust unless they screw up the clean up.

I guess that's the price you pay for living in paradise! I'm not sure it is a horrible price to pay to be in Seychelles. Better than getting the rust from road salt in the midwest US (Ohio) winter.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

had my friend ride my bike so I can get a video of the exhaust
but he shifts way to early so its sort of quiet
I wanted to hear it like I ride, which is shifting around 8000 rpm in every gear

Quick Reply: Ebay Chinese PowerBomb Install