Dynojet Kit for 2007 KLX250

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Powerbomb vs Megabomb: Unfortunately I/we have no data to offer. I do own both systems but the powerbomb system is currently on my KLX300R. Obviously I am in a position to be able to directly compare both with back-to-back Dyno runs with only the header as a difference.. Perhaps when I am able to begin Dyno testing again, I will..

There is information that the Powerbomb enhances mid/upper RPM with a loss below and the Megabomb enhances everywhere. I would tend to agree with that assessment..
Think of it this way, If you get the Pbomb, you'll never know how much "mopowah" you coulda had.. If you get the Mbomb, you certainly can rest assured you have all the "mopowah" money can buy - so no worries, no regrets, and you are done buying exhaust components forever..

Either way, you will be committing to running lidless with my lidless CVK carb setup recipe if you intend to enjoy every bit of the power the FMF system can make (and that you've paid for..)...

You'll also need to be running lidless with my other lidless CVK setup (for stock header + slipon) if you want all the power offered by that PC4..

Remember, right now, you do not have the proper main jets for lidless running and setup, so just redo the carb with standard stage 2 when you put on the PC4..
Thanks for all your time and expertise , Since I'm here what is your feelings on removing Calif smog stuff Any Gains there ?..

Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

No gains on removing the Air Injection System, just a reduction in decel popping and significant reduction in exhaust temps..

Old 01-17-2017, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Powerbomb vs Megabomb: Unfortunately I/we have no data to offer. I do own both systems but the powerbomb system is currently on my KLX300R. Obviously I am in a position to be able to directly compare both with back-to-back Dyno runs with only the header as a difference.. Perhaps when I am able to begin Dyno testing again, I will..

There is information that the Powerbomb enhances mid/upper RPM with a loss below and the Megabomb enhances everywhere. I would tend to agree with that assessment..
Think of it this way, If you get the Pbomb, you'll never know how much "mopowah" you coulda had.. If you get the Mbomb, you certainly can rest assured you have all the "mopowah" money can buy - so no worries, no regrets, and you are done buying exhaust components forever..

Either way, you will be committing to running lidless with my lidless CVK carb setup recipe if you intend to enjoy every bit of the power the FMF system can make (and that you've paid for..)...

You'll also need to be running lidless with my other lidless CVK setup (for stock header + slipon) if you want all the power offered by that PC4..

Remember, right now, you do not have the proper main jets for lidless running and setup, so just redo the carb with standard stage 2 when you put on the PC4..
So I got the PC 4 installed it .A tad louder than I was hoping, Will the quiet insert restrict it too much and is the Pc 4 and the Q4 only difference the quiet tip? Anyway have you had any experience with Alloy Works stainless header ? Looks just like The FMF mega bomb unit American made 12 month warranty? I 'm going to order one or the other .Anyway got the pipe on, Bike seems to have a little more low end grunt it's running a little lean ,Getting some de cell popping .There is no difference on the top end I cannot get this bike over 65 mph..I'm going back in to re jet again and remove the lid install stock spring back and see how that works while I wait for the header..

Old 01-17-2017, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't know anything about "Alloy Works" , and a web search couldn't find them.. I'll need the website...

Q4 does not come with a quiet tip. I has a longer baffle than the PC4. It is 1/16th inch smaller at the exit than the PC4 - See post #5 here https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...klx300r-44273/

Quiet tips cost power, use only if necessary..

As far as I know, you do not possess the correct main jet for lidless running. The main jet you'll need is an altitude corrected calculation from a DJ140@750ft@77F, 0 humidity, 29.23 In Hg.. I'll be happy to calculate this for you - I'll need an elevation and avg temp at that elevation.. Or you can find the process for doing it yourself on my Dyno tuning threads below..

For instance: 3000 ft @ 86F = DJ136...

Until you have the correct main jet, all removing the lid will do is run the engine very lean. If you will not wait, at least put in the DJ132, the stock spring, set the clip to bottom notch (5N), leave the lid off, and do not run sustained RPM's above 7K..

Assuming that header is similar to the Megabomb, you'll need an even larger main jet in order to run lidless - at which time your top speeds(with stock sprockets) should approach 100mph..

Old 01-17-2017, 05:51 AM
1st Gear Member

It's an Ebay seller Alloyworksaustralia they are manufacturer's located in Roland Heights Calif They have a really nice looking product if you go to Ebay and look for FMF megabomb you will find them, I'm kind of pissed for not researching this out more carefully . In hind site I would have bought the Q4 oh well ,Do you have any clue why this bike will go no faster than 65? It's like like it has a governor or something ,Until I make up my mind on what header to buy , I would like to get more top end out of it ,The bike starts easily now and runs fine but runs out of power around 8500 rpm ,It has good low end torque just no top end I'm running around 2000 to 5000 feet my house sit's at 2400 ' I might buy the quiet insert for the PC4 and the mega bomb, Just trying to get this sorted out Thanks

Old 01-17-2017, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Right now the temps are in the low 30's to 50 for highs, In summer we can hit 100 easy and everything in between ...

Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Megabomb or Powerbomb headers significantly quiet the exhaust. No need to get any quiet tip until after you install a header and hear that difference.

I'm thinking 65 mph and the inability to pull 6th gear past the mid 8k rpm area is normal for a stock bike / bike with modest mods, and certainly at higher altitudes. Right now, your setup offers a mild performance increase in the mid range and likely not much at all above 8k rpm, over stock.

Even with the best lidless carb setup, the stock header+PC4 starts to run out of flow at 9K rpm - so power drops off quickly after that.

You'll need to choose an altitude + temperature to jet for.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Found our Megabomb for 215.00 shipped - NEW FMF MegaBomb Header HEADPIPE 042251 | eBay

Found your item-of-interest - Alloyworksaustralia in Motorcycle Parts | eBay

If I had to guess, they are importing the ChinaBombs and selling them in a way that looks like they're Made In USA.. "Professional installation required. No instructions" is likely code for "this crap ain't just gonna bolt on"..lol.. Which is the case with ChinaBomb-to-FMF slipon fitment - pipe sizing is incorrect.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Found our Megabomb for 215.00 shipped - NEW FMF MegaBomb Header HEADPIPE 042251 | eBay

Found your item-of-interest - Alloyworksaustralia in Motorcycle Parts | eBay

If I had to guess, they are importing the ChinaBombs and selling them in a way that looks like they're Made In USA.. "Professional installation required. No instructions" is likely code for "this crap ain't just gonna bolt on"..lol.. Which is the case with ChinaBomb-to-FMF slipon fitment - pipe sizing is incorrect.
Thanks , I ordered the FMF , I'll install it this weekend ,After install could you advise me on proper jetting for this set up 2000' to 3000' elevation temps 70's to upper 80's Thanks I really appreciate all your help! And do you think i'll pick up any top end ?

Old 01-17-2017, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh sure, that's easy.. Full FMF exhaust, lidless, near sea level is DJ144/1N, stock spring..

DJ144 corrected for - 3k @ 86F is 139.63.. 3k@68F is 141.08...

So you'll need a DJ 140 or a Keihin 152 (K152) main jet.

Install stock spring, clip at the top notch (1N), both washers must be superglued on top of clip, the K152 or DJ140, Pull off the airbox lid and hide it in the attic, strap on the full FMF system, set fuel screw 3 - 3.5 turns out, hang on tight..

You do all this correctly without errors, you'll be quite happy with the results.. While I don't have dyno charts to show for this exact combo, member reports do verify the expected performance.. With a proper running engine, you're looking at 24-25hp with a powerband that favors RPM's between 6.5k - 10.5k(Redline). Even at your 2400ft, you should be able to pull 6th gear well into the 9K range.

Last edited by Klxster; 01-19-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Kit for 2007 KLX250