Dial a jet

Old 12-07-2015, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dial a jet

Any body have good or bad experience with these .Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep.. It's KLX678.. So get out your reading glasses and get the lazyboy warmed up..

Old 12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 12-08-2015, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

If you check out those discussions it has everything I've found.

Plus it isn't just my opinion, the Dial-A-Jet has been tested on street bikes by Motorcyclist and on off roaders by both Motocross Action and DirtBike! Those are the bike magazines. The ATV magazines had good results as well. I have had them in one street bike and still have one in both the KLX650 and KLX250 to avoid having to take them apart and screw with jetting. I don't have any gauge results, just that the plugs are burning with good color and performance is better with it than without it.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Reading info

If I'm going to go through. All the trouble of removing carb to drill a hole in it.I may as well just do the dyno jet kit .They seem to have it down pat as far as what settings for a pipe and airbox mod upgrade.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Ah, DJ doesn't - We do.. They used a bike with the stock exhaust for developing the 2152 kit, so you go "off book" with them when you install a slip-on or full exhaust.. Not to mention pulling off the airbox lid..

Old 12-08-2015, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bronx boy
They seem to have it down pat as far as what settings for a pipe and airbox mod upgrade.

For a company who's business is jets/jetting for performance, they do a remarkably poor job. At least for the KLX250. Save yourself the cost and trouble. Read up, and use OEM/Keihin parts

Old 12-08-2015, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Jet lean with either and add the Dial-A-Jet and don't have to pull the carb to screw with jetting more than that one time. Like I said, the 650 got the DAJ when I pulled the snorkel. Set in the middle. Then I did a big bore Vulcan piston to pump it up to 678cc and put on a full Baja Designs exhaust and cut the air box lid a bit more - DAJ still in the middle setting. Rode at Daytona Beach at around 70-80°, in the mountains of WV around 5000 feet at around 90°, and commuting running as low as 18°, still no problems - no noticeable loss of power due to lean or over rich conditions. I'm pretty well sold on the DAJ.

I did the Keihin parts since I never read anything about problems with them, then added the DAJ to the 250, no problems. Only time I will be back in the carb area is when I put on the Mikuni 36-68... and the DAJ will be in it too.

Oh, the only hole that need be cut is the one for the injection tube into the air boot, although I did drill the boot clamp at the carb mouth to mount the body rather than use the zip tie they send. My brother did the zip tie, but mounted a right side body turned 180° so the zip tie was behind it and the injecter tube close to the carb mouth. He only had to do one hole. And the hole could be filled with silicone seal if the DAJ is removed, so no big deal. But we're not going to remove them.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hole for dial a jet

So I don't have to drill carb body for injector?

Old 12-09-2015, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

No. Actually can be installed with only the piercing of the air boot.

I did drill my float bowl for the fitting on my 650 so I could keep the drain screw, but I used the drain screw replacement fitting for the 250. I will probably drill the float bowl drain on the pumper since it has no drain screw.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dial a jet