CycleRacks Group Buy!!!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM

I'll sign up. I want a black one, flat.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome! Adding now!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I didn't voice my opinion, because it is too large a rack for my kind of use. Even the smaller ones are a bit big, especially for off roading that I want to do.

I think it's a waste to screw with a thread like this just to voice opinions on the looks - they're trying to organize a buy for those interested, not ask what anyone thinks of the looks.

Now for my contribution of whatever value.

It looks like a well engineered rack with the supports down to the passenger pegs. Hopefully this transmits enough of the forces down near the swingarm pivot (strong point) to avoid any sub-frame breakage that seems to happen with the cantilevering of the racks that fasten at the seat mount, when large amounts of weight are placed on them. It has to be better than that.

This appears to be a great rack to hold the softer bulk of camping gear
far better than draping it over some narrow rack. It is really well designed for the small bike adventure rider.

That said, more power to getting the group buy together.

You might consider going to the ADVrider and put in a thread to get riders that may not visit here. Possibly PlanetKLX and the ThumperTalk too. I hope you get the numbers. A good plan. I would have been in on the smaller one made by the other guys (forget the name of it).

Last edited by klx678; 07-18-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah never been a fan of the racks that need support all the way down to the frame. I've seen these on the TW 200, not my fav of the racks. But on the plus side I bet it holds the weight a lot better than the standard rack, so there's a trade off.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's some pictures of what I hauled on the stock KLX rack back in 2008. It held up great even on the bumpy washboard roads in Canada.

700 miles, 4 days, 3 bikes, 2 much fun--1 for the road home - ADVrider

Old 07-22-2014, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I may have to get in on this if it is really gonna happen. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I too think there too big..
A nice small rack is all you need.. Unless were talking about women..

Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Well said...And in less than three paragraphs.(KLX678)

Old 07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Nicely put KLX. Apparently it didn't resonate though lol well I guess everyone is vehemently opposed to a beefy rack. That's fine, personal preference. If things change, just reply, I will update the thread as I can. Though I'm certain people will continue to explain how the size of the rack doesn't suit then, discouraging my efforts from moving forward. Lol thank you all for your opinion...

Old 07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I have one already. I LOVE it. Yes it's big. That's the reason I got it. My Medium MotoFizz bag fits nice on it, as does a 2-gal Rotopax. It makes picking the bike up a lot easier when you drop it, etc.

A word of caution... while beefy, it is NOT indestructible. I've wrecked my bike several times hard enough to bend the arms on the rack. It took quite a bit of work to bend them back, but it worked.

Anybody on the fence, I recommend you get one! It's a great rack.

Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CycleRacks Group Buy!!!