CycleRacks Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default CycleRacks Group Buy!!!

So I have exciting news! I contacted Marc and Don over at CycleRacks and inquired about a group buy and they said they would be thrilled to help us! For those unfamiliar, CycleRacks has to be one of the best racks for our bike. Its made right here in America and anchors on the passenger footpegs making it an extremely strong design and provides additional strength to the rear sub frame! More information is available at their website:

https://cycleracks.com/ProductDetail...0/Default.aspx

So here is how this goes. They offer two designs and two colors. Both are viewable at the link provided. In order to do this, reply to this thread ONLY (do not PM) with what style you want and what color. The racks will be shipped out when payment is received from everyone. Payment will *not* come to me, but directly to CycleRacks. So I'm just a messenger and organizer haha! The price is $148 shipped and I need 10 (9+1 myself) for the group buy to go through and only 10. So first 9 to reply with style and color will be direct to how to pay via PM.

Best of luck and thanks again to the guys at CycleRacks for doing this!

1.kdick91 - Stardust Silver - Flat
2.hubbazoot - Black - Flat

Last edited by kdick91; 07-18-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats an ugly rack, looks very bulky.. Just my opinion though.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

It is larger than most the other racks but it's the only rack that's tied to the frame and subframe. I've run their racks before and they are extremely durable. Far stronger than anything else IMO. But that strength doesn't come in a small package. Not for everyone, but it if you like hauling gear and not worrying about the rear subframe, this is it.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yzf125
Thats an ugly rack, looks very bulky.. Just my opinion though.
Agreed..Looks like it belongs on a quad. With all that room you would surely overload the little KLX. Good luck on your group buy, you may do a post on ADVrider as well to drum up more interest.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Yup, sure is a FUGLEEEY thang.

I love mine. Bought it '08 shortly after I got the KLX. Protects the rear turn signals at nap time and provides some handholds when nap time is over.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Yup, sure is a FUGLEEEY thang.

I love mine. Bought it '08 shortly after I got the KLX. Protects the rear turn signals at nap time and provides some handholds when nap time is over.
It's a strong, utilitarian piece if equipment. Lol I didn't think a bunch of dirt bike guys were so focused on pretty racks haha! I figured we would be about functionality here.

Loved my CycleRack on my TW. Never busted a blinker, strong as ever, and I added a big Walmart box to it. It's not about weight but I could never find a rack big emugj to put a box on so that I could grab milk, some groceries, and my backpack from school. Again, not a ton of weight, but a lot of space.

Couldn't see myself running a smaller rack but then again I commute on my bike, go on trips, carry stuff. Its not a cutesy bike, but it works really good. I've never been good at picking up chics though, so my opinion may be null

Old 07-18-2014, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

P.S.: This is available for pre-09 bikes too!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I have one for my '06.
Made right here in Boise, Idaho, USA.
These guys have a great reputation and have been building these for many years and for many bikes. Quality work! I'd seriously consider the group buy....if....I didn't have one already. It's a solid piece. For those really wanting to load the KLX up for some week long campouts or hunting rides, this IS the rack. Load it up with a deer or and elk quarter or whatever. It offers great protection on the rear end with grab handles to pick her up. If you're wanting to load the KLX up, this is THE rack.

Last edited by IDRIDR; 07-18-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I have one, and I like it a lot.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the feedback! I'm honestly surprised these aren't more popular amongst KLX riders. I figured it be a pretty hot deal. I have a weekend long trip coming up this next weekend and was hoping to be able to get a rack before then. Looks like I might have to wait now haha

Quick Reply: CycleRacks Group Buy!!!