Contacting Bill Blue for 351 kit purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Contacting Bill Blue for 351 kit purchase?

I would like to purchase a 351 kit from Bill Blue. Here's what I have for contact info:

Home Page

I called the number yesterday and it was a lady's voice mail. I *believe she said it was the cell phone of Bill and (couldn't make out her name) but I'm not sure. I left a message.

I also tried emailing the address on the top of the page.

I'm sure Bill is very busy. I just wanted to check with anyone who may be in regular contact with him if the contact info above it still good? If not I may be waiting for a reply that will never come.

Thanks,

Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

From what I am told, persistent phone calls are the most efficient way to get through to Bill.

I, on the other hand, conducted 99% of my purchase transactions with Bill via email - BUT IT REQUIRES PATIENCE.
I don't know how busy he is, but it is my understanding that he is retired and this is his fun job, for that reason I worked on his time. By the simple matter of "chronology," I am sure he has done business for the majority of his life via telephone or personal contact. He doesn't make small talk via email, but get business done and is always helpful.

OK, confession time-
The one time I called him, desperation on my part when after the first heat cycle of my 331, I found the JE wrist pin sitting in its bag on my work bench! The call went to voice mail and he returned my call less than 30 minutes later and apologized for not being able to take my call. He assured me that during a simple heat cycle and 30 miles of easy riding with the stock wrist pin in the JE piston, I had not done any damage... but should open it back up at put in the proper pin as the stock pin was shorter. He explained that while most of the rotation takes place in the upper con rod bushing, there is still some movement and rotation on the pin in the piston.
Glad I went back in and changed it as it turns out, the stock pin was a full 4mm shorter than the one for the 331 piston.

TC

Old 03-15-2017, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep I emailed him and sometimes it takes a while to get answers. Just need to be patient.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Timc, keep that stuff to yourself - now your wife knows.. and both ur girlfriends!

Old 03-16-2017, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Timc, keep that stuff to yourself - now your wife knows.. and both ur girlfriends!
Haha, you mean the Internet is NOT secure?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by timc63
Haha, you mean the Internet is NOT secure?
may the soul of the man who tought women to read for ever roast in hell

Old 03-16-2017, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

"Limp Wrist Pin Skills" is treatable..

Old 06-17-2017, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

So I have emailed and called Bill leaving a message. Should I just keep bugging him every now and then and hope he gets around to me? Once a week too often? I don't want to **** him off so he will not do business with me.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snappster
So I have emailed and called Bill leaving a message. Should I just keep bugging him every now and then and hope he gets around to me? Once a week too often? I don't want to **** him off so he will not do business with me.
I emailed Bill when I was getting my 351 and it took several days for a reply. If it has been longer he may be away on holidays or something.
I picked my kit up at his house and know he is very passionate about his business but is a bit old school when it comes to fast email responses, etc.
Stick with it, the 351 is SO worth it!

Old 06-18-2017, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Ace guy with amazing knowledge.
I had my head ported and bigger valve installed by him.
Great service.

Quick Reply: Contacting Bill Blue for 351 kit purchase?