caution with the ebay levers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
The BB numbers are still different: Remember that the initial numbers are a part classification so to speak. The second set of numbers will correspond to the actual part number for your ride.
Here is what I found on BB. The '08 started the second generation of the lil ninja's, so all of the second gen levers are the same number from what I have seen so far. $13.00 is outrageous for a lever though.

'09 KlX 250 bb number: 826808
'09 EX 250 (new gen) bb number : 2403020
ahh... good point, i was only looking at the fische numbers. To many beers

But if they fit and only need a washer or so to take up the slack i can live with that.

Plus who doesn't want "stainless steel headware" and "no shake during ****ting or brake" ? sign me up !!

Name:  shortsizephoto.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  113.0 KB

Old 04-21-2012, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

lol nice catch.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Just got these levers used link provided here
Fit great, seem to have the same slop/wobble as my stock ones
so I really dont see any problem with them, and this is on a brand new 2012 klx 250s if that matters

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjQtMjAxMjA5MjItMTE1NS5qcGc_zps71ea256f.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  412.1 KB

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjUtMjAxMjA5MjItMTE1NS5qcGc_zps0ad0a2f4.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  92.2 KB

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

i have the black with red adjuster...the red will start to fade (pinkish)...and, the black also fades...i think i put about 7,000 miles with these levers...functionality of the lever has been excellent...i've adjusted mine to be a little closer and love the comfort....and, the 250r levers are identical to the 2009+ klx250s/sf levers...

if you are ordering these levers...stick to the lighter colors...it'll fade......it's a slightly loose fit, but still secure...

Last edited by ahnh666; 09-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

is that a bike that lives outdoors or garaged every moment its not on the road?

Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

mine is parked inside...but, i ride through stop and go san francisco city and freeway traffic under the sun...and, of course i'll park it outside when i'm taking breaks or running errands...i just took a picture today (also, replaced my clutch cable)...i normally have the lever setting on 3...i moved it over and pulled the lever to show you the fading...that is not a shadow...lever are currently a dark smoke color...

Originally Posted by MikeW
is that a bike that lives outdoors or garaged every moment its not on the road?

Last edited by ahnh666; 09-25-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

wow thats faded
how many years to get there?
ever thing about getting them powdercoated

or you can take oven cleaner soak the parts in that for a few minutes and it will eat that color away to silver
then hit with a buffing wheel to make them shiny
or else it will be a dull foggy silver color
buffing carefully will make it a more even shiny look

ive done this on many rc car parts in the past

I was also surprised the red wasnt more of a pink color, Ive got alot of scooter parts in the past from taiwan that are supposed to be red really come in pink
then I have to use oven cleaner to make silver I cant stand pink

Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

i was riding about 1,000 miles per month...so..7,000 miles of use is about 7 months since i've had the levers...long as it works, i'm not too worried about appearance...

Originally Posted by MikeW
wow thats faded
how many years to get there?
ever thing about getting them powdercoated

Old 09-25-2012, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

You get what you pay for... realize that *most* Chinese manufacturers have no idea what a spec'd tolerance means. When I worked at Xerox, we returned parts all the time to have them re-worked because the manufacturers over there didn't have a clue that a spec'd tolerance of .001 did NOT mean plus/minus .05, or .003, etc. Remember - these guys don't actually design product - they COPY (reverse engineer) product. They have no idea why the original part was made the width it was made, so they figure "close enough" is "good enough". If I can at all avoid it, I try not to buy anything from China.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
You get what you pay for... realize that *most* Chinese manufacturers have no idea what a spec'd tolerance means. When I worked at Xerox, we returned parts all the time to have them re-worked because the manufacturers over there didn't have a clue that a spec'd tolerance of .001 did NOT mean plus/minus .05, or .003, etc. Remember - these guys don't actually design product - they COPY (reverse engineer) product. They have no idea why the original part was made the width it was made, so they figure "close enough" is "good enough". If I can at all avoid it, I try not to buy anything from China.
wait
I think ive read this same exact post on this site somewhere else

I think the spec is totally fine especially since its sold for fitting on a ninja
fading, well we have one complaint so far
will have to see if it happens more, could of been a bad batch of anodizing

ive seen these same exact levers at my local shop, with a brand name
did not ask about the price
but I would bet they just get them from the same company in china and markup 100%

copies or not most likely they are all made in china anyways

Quick Reply: caution with the ebay levers