Carb issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Carb issues?

We'll just recently cleaned the carb and now bike is acting up under throttle. I've taken it out 3 times now to try to find my issue and still at a loss. Basically bike starts fine and can rev up but once put in gear and start to accel it bogs and falls on it's face and have to throttle it to keep it on once let off throttle it cuts out. I've went through the carb and checked everything jets, needle, etc. and it's all clean and in place. So any input to keep my sanity and get me riding is greatly appreciated cause I'm at a loss and sure I'm missing something that a more knowledgeable person on these bikes would know.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you adjust the air/fuel mixture screw?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

What is the DJ setup on your bike? At sea level (Florida) even the 132 main jet supplied with the kit may not be enough with the lid off. Did you recently decide to go lid free, or was it all working fine prior to your carb cleaning?

Last edited by 2veedubs; 08-21-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

If the carb was working ok before the cleaning then you need to check the basics-float level, make sure that the slide is moving when you rev it, all of the jets are clean and in the proper location...

Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 PM
1st Gear Member

If you removed the main jet and needle jet (not the needle) during the cleaning, did the needle jet get put back in properly?

Ride on
Brewster

Old 08-21-2014, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Is the rubber diaphragm in place correctly? They will swell making them difficult to fit. Soak in hot water to shrink and stiffen. Counter intuitive, but it works.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll pull it again today and check diaphragm but I'm almost sure everything was ok but maybe 4th times the charm. Yeah bike was running perfect before carb cleaning with the 128 in it and lid off. just had issue with a slight fuel leak from the float sticking which was reason to clean it anyways then once together again it started acting up like this. I'll check the slide again make sure it's moving freely when revving and report back with what I find

Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Love the exhaust to Idridr best buy I got so far lol wanting to do the 351 after get new bars and hand guards along with the upgraded clutch everyone's using

Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

so pulled it out checked and put bike in same issue. filters clean rubber boots are free of holes and sealed on there good, all jets and passage ways are clean and free of debris also needle, diaphragm and spring are in and installed right along with diaphragm not being pinched and in the groves. did exact same thing started fine choked then turned choke off it idles fine on its own then right when put in gear and start to release clutch it falls on its face.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

problem solved! it was part number 16017 after doing it last time i got so mad decided to clean up garage and be done for the night when i found the piece laying under my tool box go figure it fell out and i didn't even notice it gone idk how but i didn't so i took it back apart and put it in and were all good to go. thanks for all the help guys she's back running strong with a clean carb to

Quick Reply: Carb issues?