Burkhart Cycle heads-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Burkhart Cycle heads-up

Just wanted you guys to know...

Doing searches on lowering or raising (whether seat or links) returns a lot of threads that mention Burkhart Cycles. They list very good prices for their lowering/raising dogbones.

I just wanted to warn you guys to steer away from doing business with them - at least for now.

The previous owner of my bike put 2" Kouba lowering links on. I wanted to return to stock and look at lowering seat instead, and I saw a bunch of recommendations for Burkhart Cycles.

I placed an order for stock links for my 06 KLX250S on Jan 24th..
Never got any order status update.

Emailed them 3 or 4 times. No response.
Left 2 or 3 voicemails. No response.
Placed a Paypal complaint/reimbursement request a week ago.
Still no response.

So, it's been something like 6.5 weeks with no feedback whatsoever and I'm not sure how Paypal will remediate the problem.

I ended up just buying a stock KLX300 linkage from eBay for like $20 and it includes same length dogbones as my 06 KLX250S.

Also... for those of you with 06-07 1st gen KLX250S... any recommendations on lower seat solutions? I emailed Seat Concepts since they do not list 06-07 KLX250S on their products page.

I tried to measure my sag tonight and dropped my bike in the garage lol. I may post the video as it's a bit funny - if I can swallow my pride. I have a 31" or 32" inseam but my preload is cranked up and I have the coleman ATV clone grip cover... still have problems on uneven surfaces - especially without my boots on :b

Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll just throw my two cents in. I ordered raising links from Burkhart on 12/5/14. Paid with Paypal but didn't receive any kind of email, communication, or links for weeks. Opened a Paypal dispute on 1/5/15, escalated to a claim on 1/12/15, and still nothing. But on 1/15/15, low and behold the links arrived. Never did receive any kind of communication, and I just cancelled the Paypal claim. I would suggest shoppers look elsewhere for links, but the raising links were hard to find and Burkhart was the only reasonably priced option I could find.

Last edited by snowdrifter; 03-04-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Same for me.

I ordered links last summer, and it took them forever to get to me. After 3 or 4 emails, and then the threat of paypal action I got an email response and the promise that my links were on their way. So I think it was almost 8 weeks for me to get mine.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Burkhart Cycle Review - MOTORCYCLES-SUPPLIES & PARTS in Greensburg, IN - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Central Indiana

Better Business Bureau.

That's unfortunate as I recall good reviews a few years back.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah same thing happened to me when i placed an order last year. Watch out.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zeno

Doing searches on lowering or raising (whether seat or links) returns a lot of threads that mention Burkhart Cycles. They list very good prices for their lowering/raising dogbones.

I just wanted to warn you guys to steer away from doing business with them - at least for now.

The previous owner of my bike put 2" Kouba lowering links on. I wanted to return to stock and look at lowering seat instead, and I saw a bunch of recommendations for Burkhart Cycles.

Still no response.

So, it's been something like 6.5 weeks with no feedback whatsoever and I'm not sure how Paypal will remediate the problem.

I ended up just buying a stock KLX300 linkage from eBay for like $20 and it includes same length dogbones as my 06 KLX250S.

Also... for those of you with 06-07 1st gen KLX250S... any recommendations on lower seat solutions? I emailed Seat Concepts since they do not list 06-07 KLX250S on their products page.

I tried to measure my sag tonight and dropped my bike in the garage lol. I may post the video as it's a bit funny - if I can swallow my pride. I have a 31" or 32" inseam but my preload is cranked up and I have the coleman ATV clone grip cover... still have problems on uneven surfaces - especially without my boots on :b
File a complaint, PayPal should stop the order. They're pretty good about that when involving merchandise.

I'd recommend you go to a local reputable automobile upholsterer and have them cut down the stock seat. Ask to see and test it before they make a cover. Fact is they probably can use the stock cover pulling it down tighter.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Unhappy first post me too!

Originally Posted by Zeno

Still no response.

I ordered mine jan/19/15 same thing as you thought I was reading my own post whats up with this guy? oh ya got a 2014 klx250s okms showroom to, sitting in the livingroom waiting to be lowered to I can at least sit on it

Old 03-06-2015, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Make your own lowering links.
zomby woof posted a good thread on it:
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...le-info-31135/

Old 04-11-2015, 11:53 AM

never got my links after two months,got my money back from paypal,got a set of devol links from riders discount in two weeks putting on today does anyone know the torque specs thanks,by the way burkfart racing never replied to any of my emails or phone calls but did respond to my nasty email after the two months w/gee whats the problem lets fix it this guy is truly a dick .

Old 04-11-2015, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Make your own lowering links.
zomby woof posted a good thread on it:
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...le-info-31135/
Good link, I'm gonna make some raising links, I need about an extra inch