bike stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Tin
1st Gear Member
Default bike stalling

Thanks for the Info on the bike Identification now is anyone able to give some advice on bike stalling when shifted to first sometimes. acceleration also stutters and dies for a couple of seconds then good again. Thanks Clint

Old 03-04-2015, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

You need to give us some info on your bike-year/market/mileage/mods would help.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Tin
1st Gear Member

It's 2009 model 14000 km dunno bout mods I'm not original owner found water In the Air box but so I've taken fuel tank off and plan to take carby off to clean anything else to do for water check.
I'm from Australia as well

Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Yah, pull the carb and give it a good cleaning, make note what jets are in it, check valves and adjust if needed. Slap her together and run it again. Adjust idle when fully warm, I like my RPMs at around 1800. Then report back. Good luck

Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Tin
1st Gear Member

Just an update got carby off just opened cover either end and sprayed cleaner all through It anything else I should do with tha. and checking valves now can't even get .002 gage in some of them how do I know how big shim to put in when I can't even me sure it any tips for measuring rest of valves they seem a bit hard to get to any advice would help thanks heaps
Clint

Old 03-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Tin
1st Gear Member
Default valves

All valves seem ridiculously tight can't get. 002 in any of the 4 valves my bike has 14000 km on it Is This normal if valves have never been done what size do I get for them If I can't even measure?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you put the engine @ TDC?

Old 03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Tin
1st Gear Member

Yeah lined up inspection marks and the marks on the cam gears are lined up with the head as well

Old 03-07-2015, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Just a couple of things to verify before you get crazy....
OK, you do know that it could be one rotation off. When your coming around on the crank the intake valve should open then close, then you will have about another 180 degrees to TDC. If the exhaust valve is opening & closing on your rotation towards TDC, then you need to go on past that TDC to the next revolution.
Be sure your checking the clearance using the mm or ", don't confuse the too.

I never did that!

Old 03-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Tin
1st Gear Member

Yeah was one revolution off thanks Durell found the marks on the cam sprockets where wrong way round anyway got it done valves where right on tighter side of specs so loosened them up to higher end of clearance specs. back together all good stats alright but still stalls when put in gear. noticed bit of grinding while reving bike and trying to switch to first. disconnected stand switch and still did it could It be clutch wearing out and not holding

Quick Reply: bike stalling