Blurry and Crystal Clear Mirrors

Old 05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Blurry and Crystal Clear Mirrors

I noticed on the highway, the right mirror is super steady and the reflection crystal clear while the left mirror vibrates so much that it is pretty much useless. Is everyone's mirrors the same way or is it just mine?
Interestingly enough, on my horizontally opposed twin BMW, the above symptoms means that the cylinders are out of sync and needs to be synchronized. But the KLX is a thumper...[&:]

Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Default RE: Blurry and Crystal Clear Mirrors

Funny you should mention that. While riding home from work today I noticed the same thing. Left mirror vibrating..right mirror fine. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

Old 05-14-2006, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Both my mirrors suck. So you guys are lucky to have atleast one you can see clearly out of.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

huh.mine vibrates on the right,mabey that's cause my wife dumped it while i was trying to change the sprocket.She didnt get hurt foutunately but the bike did.Busted the hand guard right off.now my front brake lever has no ball.And the mirrror vibrates.At least she lets me ride.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Afrika makes anti-vibration mirror mounts. I have them on both kawai's. The also they let the mirrors flex if/and/or when you drop the bike. Just can't find a LINK right now.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The folding mirrors I installed are awesome, no vibration at all.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey those of you with mirror vibration, what tires are you running? Maybe causing it?

Old 05-16-2006, 04:58 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Hey those of you with mirror vibration, what tires are you running? Maybe causing it?

I only have about 750 miles on my bike so I still have the stock 603s. I can't believe how fast that thing is wearing out though....

Old 05-16-2006, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to go from mirrors to tires but.I didnt like the stock 603s,They do seem to be wearing quick when going to town and back and in the sandy,rocky,asphalt,"off road" dirt i feel inadaquet traction.I hopefully made a good choice and went with some kendas from a previous topic in here.Anybodys mirrors bothered by those kendas?

Old 05-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I installed Kenda 270s and have been riding them for a few weeks now. My mirrors were and still are blurry. I wonder if the bar has anything to do with it? I seem to recall my mirrors were nice and clear at one point. Then they got blurry at some point later. I can't remember if it happened when I upgraded my bar from the stock steel one to the Renthal, but it is possible. I know it wasn't the move to the Kenda 270s because they've been that way since before I replaced the tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blurry and Crystal Clear Mirrors