any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?

Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zeno
Also some shirtless squid friends... Watching those videos just makes me cringe. One small thing goes wrong and someone's losing a lot of skin off their back at the least. Looks like OP at least wears helmet and clothes.

I'm still trying to get a hang of wheelies, but it's not a huge priority for me.

When I get 351 kit I'll probably be more interested in getting it down for practical purposes (trail riding, avoiding obstacles, etc).
I guess that's why they call them stunters... a bit stunted somewhere along the line to do that.

In trail riding, wheelies are more than cranking the throttle or popping the clutch when having to avoid obstacles on a trail. It is as much technique to have max control. If you ever see off roaders doing a wheelie on a trail to clear a root or rock more often than not it involves application of throttle with a tug on the bars, maybe unweighting a bit. That pretty much eliminates any chance of flipping due to too much throttle/clutch when only using throttle/clutch. Big displacement makes it easier though.

I learned a lot about that when I started riding, I started on a trials bike. Learned a lot about control over brute force... not to say brute force doesn't have it's place. Like the splatter in modern trials. We didn't get quite as nuts as the new bikes allow.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool

Originally Posted by mmmbeefy
I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy street racing a KLX, and you're the only guy stunting one.
Nope , they race the KLX 250 D tracker in a lot of Asian countries.
If you check out some of Joel Thailand posts you will see some serious wheelie vids.as well.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=klx678;521815]

Also thanks for "flyin' the colors". That is half the fun of doing the part... thinking where the stickers may show up. Some rider in Poland, Bulgaria, South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, or other countries may have them on their bikes. That's why I made a good quality one. It just tickles me to no end (it's not ego driven either, it's just realizing the power of the internet, like how many people have seen that picture that never could have in 1980). Imagine if I could go to Australia and see the stickers on a KLX or a VTR...

I have your tensioner but no sticker??? ( I need another 2 tensioners, 1 for LC4 and one for CRFX )

Old 06-27-2015, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgower

I have your tensioner but no sticker??? ( I need another 2 tensioners, 1 for LC4 and one for CRFX )

Did someone steal them or did I just forget? I do the CRF X, but not the screw type on the KTM. I may look into how much it would cost to do the KTM, the machining is more extensive than I have at this time.

I was going to ask when you find time to do this stuff. They'd have to pry the cold drink out of my hand and drag me off the beach!

I know, it gets old... living in that sort of place.

Let me know about the CRF. If wanted I will throw in a few extra stickers. Otherwise I will see what I can get done.

Last edited by klx678; 06-28-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:52 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Stunting on a KLX...Pffffft!...what a waste. I won't even begin to do highway hand stands until the speedo hits over 100 mph...so...I only use my crotch rocket.

Attached Thumbnails any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?-tnchandstand.jpg  
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Show off.