any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?

Follow me on the IG @keepitgkev. I use my Klx to stunt and do wheelies. Im new here but If anyone in the community does the same I'd like to share. Maybe post your Instagram. After almost 2 years I finally have my bike tuned to perfection. Stock sprockets too.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine sharing your "Tuned to perfection" set up details?

It's quite the feat getting a stock displacement klx250s to wheelie.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pwjm
Mine sharing your "Tuned to perfection" set up details?

It's quite the feat getting a stock displacement klx250s to wheelie.
C'mon, pwjm...everyone knows that all it takes is a special E3 spark plug to achieve perfection on the KLX. Why it took 2 years, however, is a mystery to me.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Wheelies on a KLX aren't hard with a bit of skill and technique. Heck, Doug Domokos could wheelie a full dress Gold Wing. Images on line show him on a Kawasaki KZ1300 six cylinder, not known for being front end light.

I don't stunt, I know it takes skills, but I don't really want to do that stuff. It's more about riding back roads and more trails hopefully. Unfortunately you can't follow me on Instagram, no time to waste with that or all the picture snapping stuff when I'm riding.

Oddly enough research found people forgot more about places they visited when they took pictures than when they didn't. Heard it on NPR. So I look to remember, not to snap. Sorry, the only way to see the misadventures of Mark - you have to be there personally.

Last edited by klx678; 06-20-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

106 top speed. Wheelies til 4th gear. Stock sprockets. Uni filter, dynojet stage 1 24 jet Miami so at sealevel, jardine header and jardine carbon fiber exhaust. From my understanding my exhaust is discontinued (it was $280 for header and exhaust) . As for the long stort . I've had a few accidents on the bike. Exhaust had a leak. I re-rivoted it. And my local motorcycle shop that installed the jet left my air lid off. I didn't feel right so I put it back on until I ended up drilling it with a few holes which made for the best gains everywhete .

Old 06-21-2015, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

And look at all us fooling with stage II.. We are all idiots..

Old 06-21-2015, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Stage 1 and stage 2 is the same dynojet isnt it?

Old 06-21-2015, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Stage 2 is larger jets and is more oriented for aftermarket exhaust and air box modifications.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I do hope you keep your stunts where it's safe - either off road or away from people. I really can't stand it when I see some flaming anus, no matter how good they are, doing crap around people who don't like it or endangering them. It makes the average person dislike all motorcyclists.

What you do in a more isolated area is fine by me. I like to slide sideways in corners and do the occasional wheelie myself. But I don't do it where it will **** off others. You never know just how influential those around you may be.

If you can keep the KLX up through 4 gears you have to have some good balance and technique.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by keepitgkev
106 top speed. Wheelies til 4th gear. Stock sprockets. Uni filter, dynojet stage 1 24 jet Miami so at sealevel, jardine header and jardine carbon fiber exhaust. From my understanding my exhaust is discontinued (it was $280 for header and exhaust) . As for the long stort . I've had a few accidents on the bike. Exhaust had a leak. I re-rivoted it. And my local motorcycle shop that installed the jet left my air lid off. I didn't feel right so I put it back on until I ended up drilling it with a few holes which made for the best gains everywhete .
106 top speed...are we on the metric system here?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?