The Anvil..

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

thought i'd pop in and post a comment. I put the gel insert and memory foam in my old kx i had. Best move i ever did. The klx250 was a fair bit softer so i could handle that and now the klx450 has a cocyx destroyer in it so i chopped that up and put some memory foam in it too. Heaps better now. and it's a piece of cake to do, all you need is an electric knife (one you cut up the sunday roast with), a staple gun, the foam/gel and some patience and you'll be fine.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

nixlux
Did you put foam over gel or gell over foam when using both? I suppose both are available online.
Cheers, Jim
PWI-906

Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maninthesea
nixlux
Did you put foam over gel or gell over foam when using both? I suppose both are available online.
Cheers, Jim
PWI-906
Hi Jim,

What i did was relatively simple (not a pro's job but it looked like it )
Basically i removed the seat cover, marked where my butt was and a few inches either end for the times i'm not exactly in my normal position, hollowed out enough of the seat to fit the gel insert and memory foam over the top (making sure you leave at least 15mm of foam on the outer edges of the seat so it doesnt loose it's structure). The i fitted some smoothing foam over the top of the seat (mind you all the parts i put in i used contact adhesive) and refitted the seat cover. Ended up working very well.