Alibaba/Aliexpress KLX300 kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Alibaba/Aliexpress KLX300 kits

Anyone tried one of these kits yet or hear on different forums any reports? I remember seeing some posts early last year (some about non-compatible cylinder version being offered) but haven't been following the forum too much lately.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I remember that thread as well. I think the consensus was that the cam chain tensioner was an issue. But looking at the pictures, it seems like someone with access to a machine shop could come up with something that would work?

High quality air cylinder block & piston kit & gasket kit for Kawasaski KLX300 KLX 300-in Engines from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

292cc for $160 and no core charge sure sounds appealing! Even if it is China parts. Might have to look into alternate cam chain tensioners and see if anything looks close.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
1st Gear Member

if its something expensive, I would stay away from those sites

ali express is a nightmare

ive bought alot of items from that site
about 98% I have to get money back from them, either never shows up or they send the wrong item pictured

it can take like 3 weeks for them to even ship it then ive waited almost 45 days for it then to show up

I think they are all drop shippers
only 1 shipped within days, I paid extra for faster shipping but they decided to use the cheaper shipping
although it came within a week they forgot one part, and never refunded me the extra $10 I paid for the other shipping option
But they did send the missing piece quickly

If its small cheap parts you could never find anywhere else its worth the risk
but I would not risk anything expensive. because if its not right they will make you pay to return it

Old 01-11-2016, 02:21 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

The language translation is hilarious in the description.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Alibaba/Aliexpress is like the Chinese Amazon. They don't make them, just distribute.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:25 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Maybe it's the scale of the object in the photo being out of whack with the piston, but what is that thing that looks a bit like a 2-stroke cylinder liner in the pic with the piston and pin? I have had just about every piece of a KLX engine apart, and I'm not snapping on that part...probably something obvious. Like I said, maybe the scale of it in the pic with the piston alongside is throwing it off for me.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like the cam chain tensioner screws into the cylinder. I bet Mark could make a manual tensioner for this setup.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

May have found the source of these Chinese klx300 copies....http://www.bikerswarehouse.co.za/new...XTR4%20300.pdf
Looks like a South African company sold these. Puzey xtr4 300

Old 01-12-2016, 07:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snowdrifter
I remember that thread as well. I think the consensus was that the cam chain tensioner was an issue.
Yeah, that was it as I recall too. If it was plug and play I think I'd give it a try but looks like the kit will need some modding yet. Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Maybe it's the scale of the object in the photo being out of whack with the piston, but what is that thing that looks a bit like a 2-stroke cylinder liner in the pic with the piston and pin? I have had just about every piece of a KLX engine apart, and I'm not snapping on that part...probably something obvious. Like I said, maybe the scale of it in the pic with the piston alongside is throwing it off for me.
Yeah, 4th pic down is a 2-stroke sleeve.

Quick Reply: Alibaba/Aliexpress KLX300 kits