after maintenance and cleaning process

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default after maintenance and cleaning process

hi there again,

I had a problem following a casual oiling and cleaning process.

first I removed all fairings and cleaned the bike including air filter. but I noticed that the air filter tank was with 100 ml or more water (some sort of oily and sticky) called a friend and asked if it was normal or not, and he said no just clean the water and dry your filter if it is still usable. and I did so cleaned the air filter and the house or case that the filter stays, also I cleaned other mechanic and battery posts with WD 40 to remove any rust and by mistake I changed the idle mod key, the key which alters the idle motor speed ( dunno its original name) everything was ok. motobike was working extremely fine even its sound changed a lot and I felt like it was really breathing

nevertheless after two or three miles when I pulled the clutch, the engine stopped and did not worked again. it was like the machine was choking, starting with 1k idle run then when I was gunning up it was stoping again and couldn't do anything but to wait a little thinking that it maybe some sort of heating problem and also changed the idle run from 1k to 1.5 or 2k rpm and it worked fine except slight amount of vibration in the machine.

anyway I went like 10 or 20 miles and everything was okey. then stopped for another two hours when I again started the bike this time whole electric system went off. headlights, gauge light stop light ignition and everything was off.

I did everything but it was not even responding then I uninstalled the fairings and moved the (-) pole on the battery and the dashboard was back online.

I am sure that I cleaned it with WD 40.

I am really open to any suggestion in my town there are not so many ppl who can really investigate the problem and suggest something reasonable most people said it was just because my battery was depleting or the starter was not properly connected.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Another reason not to clean your bike.
What is an idle key?

Old 09-21-2014, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

There is a plug in the air filter drain that holds the gunk in a little bottle "for proper disposal" when full on some bikes. Most people take it off and let it drain normal.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Think I'd clean and re-connect all the electrical connections, including grounds that I could find and don't forget fuse connections. WD is handy, but you cannot count on it displacing water that has been forced into joints under high pressure

Old 09-21-2014, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

now today i made total of 250 km and no visible problem I think it was two coincidence at the same time first probably because of the dirt in the gas or motor idle run problem it was below 1.5 rpm and i corrected it when the engine was hot.

the second problem was probably because of the rust in the battery pole. now it is working properly.