2206 Dyno Install guidance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 2206 Dyno Install guidance?

I made a post a while back about jetting, and got directed to making the 2206 kit purchase, so i did, ive had the kit sitting in the shed for about 2 months now, and now seeing as global warming* is making things nice and pleasant, I'm thinking I was thinking I would install it sometime soon.. Also, few questions.. First of all, will this jetting increase hp? Dramatically? Also, would it make sense to do this and/or powermods like mcm or airbox lid removal before i have at least like 1k/.5k miles on the thing? I got it with 80 miles, i think the guy wrecked the thing once and let it sit for 11 years, hence the white bend mark on the left radiator shroud and the melted-shut tube coming out of the carb., since then ive put like 60 more on er. Also, whats the max rev on this bike? Not to suggest im going anywhere near it anytine soon. Back to my original point, can i set up a skype appointment with one of yall in the near future? Im only 14, 15 as of tomorrow, and I dont know near enough to do this on my own.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2017, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I can't say that the jetting will definitely increase hp, but it will allow more fuel to be used so the bike isn't running as lean, and will make a noticeable difference. Personally I would wait to remove the airbox lid until later. Of course you will have to rejet after this is done, but if you try to change too many things at once and have a problem, it's much harder to figure out what went wrong. I don't think you'll have to rejet with the mcm, but from what everybody says I would do it. It allows for better airflow which would keep the combustion chamber running a little cooler.

Which tube coming from the carb was melted shut? I believe when mine was a 250 I had it up over 9k, but when you're going that fast it's best to look at where you're going. What would this skype appointment be for? Just to help rejet the carb?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LemonRX
I can't say that the jetting will definitely increase hp, but it will allow more fuel to be used so the bike isn't running as lean, and will make a noticeable difference. Personally I would wait to remove the airbox lid until later. Of course you will have to rejet after this is done, but if you try to change too many things at once and have a problem, it's much harder to figure out what went wrong. I don't think you'll have to rejet with the mcm, but from what everybody says I would do it. It allows for better airflow which would keep the combustion chamber running a little cooler.

Which tube coming from the carb was melted shut? I believe when mine was a 250 I had it up over 9k, but when you're going that fast it's best to look at where you're going. What would this skype appointment be for? Just to help rejet the carb?
Hi,
Thanks for all your feedback.

I can get back to you on the tube question..

and yes, sorry fo not clarifying, but a skype call walking me through the process of everything would be fantastic. I would have my bike in front of me, and would be doing everything as instructed.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

RM, put the clip on the top notch of the DNO351 needle. DO NOT drill the slide lift hole. If near sea level, put in the DJ132 main jet. Alternatively, use the DJ128 main jet.
Pull off the snorkel and put the lid back on the airbox.

You can run like this and enjoy the better power. You can do the MCM for a large increase in power without having to redo the carb - but moving the clip to 2N would be optimal with MCM.

Once you choose, and install, a performance exhaust system, you will have the option of running a lidless max performance setup - which requires that you redo the carb setup for lidless running.

Your age is not an issue - your level of "natural mechanical ability", careful handling of the carb, and attentiveness to detail IS!
Firstly, make sure you have a good and correct set of tools for doing the work and a clean work space for modding the carb. Be prepared to delay the "setup session" if you find that you are unprepared in some way after "starting in".

Look at my link below https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s-fixes-43146/

As for Skype, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to provide you "backup support" while you are into the project.

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Last edited by Klxster; 03-06-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

^^This guy is the jetting master. Especially with stock bore. I'm surprised your jet kit didn't come with instructions. When I was stock bore with air filter and exhaust, the jet kit I bought came with explicit instructions on which jet was what and how to replace them.

On a side note, the jets inside the carb are all different sizes, so it's hard to get them mixed up or put in the wrong spot. Of course I am talking about diameter, not fuel flow. They're different their too.

Happy Birthday ramsey.mangus

Old 03-11-2017, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

RM has the 2206 kit, so he can't/shouldn't use the instructions that came with it.

The 2206 kit is designed to run on a lidless airbox, with uncorked exhaust, on a KLX300R.

Use on our 250's requires a different approach for best results..