2006 KLX Plastics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 2006 KLX Plastics

So I'm looking for some new plastics for my KLX. Radiator shrouds and side number panels, please contact me if you have either in good condition and willing to sell. Needs to be 06-07 models. I was looking today and found some klx250 and 300 plastics from when they were made in the early 2000's. Does anyone know if they will fit? They look very close and almost exact. Here is the link. https://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/ka...0r-side-panels

Old 03-15-2016, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by twitzel94
So I'm looking for some new plastics for my KLX. Radiator shrouds and side number panels, please contact me if you have either in good condition and willing to sell. Needs to be 06-07 models. I was looking today and found some klx250 and 300 plastics from when they were made in the early 2000's. Does anyone know if they will fit? They look very close and almost exact. Here is the link. https://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/ka...0r-side-panels
Go on any website that has parts schematics for your bike such as motosport or rockynountainatv and just see if the part number on your bike is the same as for the bike the part you want is for. You usually just select your bike and then click on OEM parts and it gives you a list of all the different part diagrams.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I actually just found out that it will not fit due to the battery and overflow on left side. I could relocate both, I'll have to think about it. My offer still stands with anyone willing to sell plastics!!!

Old 03-16-2016, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Your in luck! Few months ago found this japanese site (Impex.jp) they do OEM parts for any Japan made vehicles. They don't build, they contact the manufacture itself. Keep in mind the site is in russian and yes, they do have a english version but the kawasaki link is down in the english version, just use a russian to english translator. If you need any help, let me know i can guid thru.

LINKS*** (if you want the black, blue or white plastics check the d tracker link. D-tracker and the KLX2006 plastics are the same)

Klx250 - IMPEX JAPAN ? ???????? ??? ??????????? Kawasaki KLX250

D-Tracker - IMPEX JAPAN ? ???????? ??? ??????????? Kawasaki D-TRACKER

Purchased form Impex.jp
oS0MU0Q.jpg?1
6y6etGu.jpg?1[/QUOTE]

Old 03-16-2016, 05:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome, thanks for the help! Do you have any idea how I would pay, being in America, and if they would ship here?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome, thanks for the help! Do you have any idea how I would pay, being in America, and if they would ship here?
yah, EMS. To check the total cost, add the product cost and then on the left side of the side you will find a shipping calculator, enter you total cost in then the weight and select *Yamaha/kawasaki OEM*. Keep in mind you will have to wait for about a week, till they receive the OEM parts from Kawasaki.... This is how the payment is done 1st the product payment then you will get notified when they get the parts in stock and then you pay for shipping. If you need any help let me know cz the site is bit complicated even when selecting the colours, make sure to translate the description of the part from japaneses to english. after all its a mix of russian and japaneses, btw the currency is not chinese Yen its japaneses

Old 03-16-2016, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kennysupermoto
yah, EMS. To check the total cost, add the product cost and then on the left side of the side you will find a shipping calculator, enter you total cost in then the weight and select *Yamaha/kawasaki OEM*. Keep in mind you will have to wait for about a week, till they receive the OEM parts from Kawasaki.... This is how the payment is done 1st the product payment then you will get notified when they get the parts in stock and then you pay for shipping. If you need any help let me know cz the site is bit complicated even when selecting the colours, make sure to translate the description of the part from japaneses to english. after all its a mix of russian and japaneses, btw the currency is not chinese Yen its japaneses
I was able to find the front shrouds on that site you linked above.

Name:  xXguDlz.png
Views: 106
Size:  17.0 KB

It looks like they are about $68/side. Does that sound right? I assume the benefit of going through this site is that it's cheaper than going directly through the manufacturer?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhoffy22
I was able to find the front shrouds on that site you linked above.

It looks like they are about $68/side. Does that sound right? I assume the benefit of going through this site is that it's cheaper than going directly through the manufacturer?
I think the cost differs from year to year... or *Because of the sticker kit because the 2004 d tracker was the only bike with a simple strip in the middle and the all the other klx and d-tracker models have an large background sticker*
I own a d tracker 2004 its the same as the klx250 2006 versions. Better go for the 2004 plastics all of them are the same and fit the same way to my knowledge.

Name:  yxeVbYY.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  91.6 KB
LINK

Name:  ditWp2a.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  153.9 KB
LINK

Last edited by kennysupermoto; 03-16-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kennysupermoto
I think the cost differs from year to year... or *Because of the sticker kit because the 2004 d tracker was the only bike with a simple strip in the middle and the all the other klx and d-tracker models have an large background sticker*
I own a d tracker 2004 its the same as the klx250 2006 versions. Better go for the 2004 plastics all of them are the same and fit the same way to my knowledge.

LINK

LINK
In that case, that's a pretty good deal. You can get both side shrouds for ~$45 before shipping. I wonder why they are so much cheaper for the 04 compared to the 06.

These are the only decals that I see available for individual purchase: IMPEX JAPAN ? Decals ??? ??????????? Kawasaki D-TRACKER (2004 ?., KLX250-M1, H8)

Do the standard KLX stickers already come on the shrouds?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhoffy22
In that case, that's a pretty good deal. You can get both side shrouds for ~$45 before shipping. I wonder why they are so much cheaper for the 04 compared to the 06.

These are the only decals that I see available for individual purchase: IMPEX JAPAN ? Decals ??? ??????????? Kawasaki D-TRACKER (2004 ?., KLX250-M1, H8)

Do the standard KLX stickers already come on the shrouds?
Regarding the standard sticker on it, not sure about that bro.
But check the PDF diagram, the 2004 is a plane plastic but in the klx and the other d tracker's are with the sticker art is on it.

Check the rear side plastics, it's priced at the same rate for all d trackers and klx250's (for all years).

**Add the cost of the 2004 d tracker plastic with the KLX 2006 or 2007 Stickers, the cost is very close to the actual cost/pr.side. I think you do get the sticks on them, not sure at the same time lol

Name:  IlDw8r2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  73.6 KB
Name:  zBbY2mo.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  yqkD9Dm.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB

Last edited by kennysupermoto; 03-17-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2006 KLX Plastics