09 KLX Handguards that fit cheap TMS or ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 09 KLX Handguards that fit cheap TMS or ?

Hello all, I've had my 09 klz 250s for five years now.
I've been reading all the info here and on advrider planet klx etc. and taking notes.
I've been waiting for the warranty to run out before doing any mods.
I just added a 12volt accessory outlet and it worked great.
My next mod will be handguards to shield my hands from prickly brush and cold wind EDIT I live in So. Cal. so its more like cool breezes LOL

I want my mods to be as cheap as possible so I'm hoping I can get away with bottom of the line.

Acerbis is way out of my pricerange at $100+

Tusk D-flex is my fallback 'cause I've seen pics and write ups + comes in red and reasonable at $50+ if It will be a one time purchase.

TMS is a brand I've seen on ebay and amazon.com in red with aluminum frames like the above and somewhat similar mounts, red and only $26

I looked at a few others around 15-20, but they only mount one side of the handguard, don't come in red, or don't look like they will fit.

I would like to know if anyone has used TMS handguards or tried to fit them?

Any other brands I haven't thought of?
I don't mind tapping my bar ends, my levers are already shortened 1"
I just don't wanna buy something that doesn't fit or fits, but interferes.
any input welcome since i'm a newbie and this is my first bike. Thanx

Old 06-26-2014, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on these, would love to see if they fit stock bars with no fuss. It would be cool to know if the tusk aluminum handguards fit, they are also in the 25-30 range.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm running the cheap carbon fiber looking ones from eBay, they were like 28$ shipped. So far they seem to be holding up fine. They held up better than my stock bars did on the first ride with the hand guards.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default guards

I did these on my 06. Wiped off the white D-flex crap with some brake cleaner. They are made of thick material and mount easy. I removed both front and rear turn signals on mine is why I went with these. Like them so far
Amazon.com : Tusk D-Flex Handguards with Turn Signals Black : Scoreboards And Timers : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Tusk D-Flex Handguards with Turn Signals Black : Scoreboards And Timers : Sports & Outdoors

Old 06-26-2014, 10:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rock Hugger
I'm running the cheap carbon fiber looking ones from eBay, they were like 28$ shipped. So far they seem to be holding up fine. They held up better than my stock bars did on the first ride with the hand guards.
Do you have a link to the ones you bought or maybe the seller info or part number? I'm just nervous about buying the wrong ones eBay returns are a pain.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I put a set of these ebay specials on my 09.

Dig a bit and you might find them for less. I was under $20 for the set.

They are a Chinese take off on the older style Acerbis set I have on my 650. I had to do a bit of bending to get the fit as I wanted it, but not a big thing. Even found the CRF red is close enough to the Kaw red to look fine.

Last edited by klx678; 06-26-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm using the Tusk handguards, and really like them. They've come in handy on a few occasions.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

See if this works.

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=380733349434

Carbon Hand Guards For Suzuki DRZ 400 DR-Z KDX KLR KDX220R Motocross Enduro 7/8"

Last edited by Rock Hugger; 06-27-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chay
+1 on these, would love to see if they fit stock bars with no fuss. It would be cool to know if the tusk aluminum handguards fit, they are also in the 25-30 range.
The tusk flex will fit if you tap the bar ends and move or shave levers, but stuff still rubs.... from what others have posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the $30 aluminum are the same- but with no plastics.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I put a set of these ebay specials on my 09.

Dig a bit and you might find them for less. I was under $20 for the set.

They are a Chinese take off on the older style Acerbis set I have on my 650. I had to do a bit of bending to get the fit as I wanted it, but not a big thing. Even found the CRF red is close enough to the Kaw red to look fine.
That sounds perfect!! If you find the same ones in red for 20, hit me up and I'll be on it like a fat girl on a twinkie

Quick Reply: 09 KLX Handguards that fit cheap TMS or ?