KF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with KF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better KF? Tell us here.

Didnt use Stay-Bill in winter, but did run the bike every week.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Default Didnt use Stay-Bill in winter, but did run the bike every week.

Hello, I am a new member and am currently looking at a used ninja 300 around my area. The guy has been answering all of my questions, and has been honest thus far. I was concerned if he winterized the bike, and he said he didn't do much. He kept the bike in a garage all winter long, didn't change the oil or coolant, and didn't use Stay-Bill. He also didn't take out the battery. Ended up buying a brand new one after the winter, that he now has on a trickle charger. He did say that he started the bike each week and let it run for a little bit. Do you think the bike will be safe to buy since it wasn't winterized? Its only got about 2300 miles, and is a 2013 ninja abs. Thanks for the replies!

Old 08-14-2016, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't winterize my bikes and they may have a good two to three months break. I do use non-ethanol and may put in some stabil and drain the carb bowls (except on the fuel injected bike). If it starts and runs fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Open the cap and smell the fuel. If it's bad, siphon it out and put in some fresh. Change the oil. Ride it.